how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

inGearX
3.1415 9265

join:2000-06-11
New York

[Laptop] NOTE - how to prevent keyboard from damaging your LCD screen ..

I have a SONY VAIO - VPCSA290X CTO Premium [US-VPCSA290X-LBOM] »store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores ··· a290xcto

and in the first 3 months they keyboard left some marks on my LSD screen ...

in particular edge of the spacebar was making contact with the screen and wither the trackpad starts ...

if you close the lid and look at the gap you will see potential points of contact ..

this is very unfortunate - because when I watch a movie and scene/picture is light/white - its disturbing to say the least very noticeable and distracting ...

I'd like to warn you all

and discuss what one can do to avoid this in the future / new laptop ...

I have some ideas and will post them - but what to leave it completely open to discussion ..

what do you think?

let's discuss ...

thank you...

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3
If the computer is one you bought new it should have a 1 year warranty. Contact Sony about a repair or replacement. If it is not under warranty, then you can try to put a gap between the keyboard and the screen. You can buy some adhesive backed foam or very soft rubber material and cut it to fit in the space in between the keyboard and the track-pad. You could also put some between the areas outside the left and right side of the keyboard and the screen frame.

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi
reply to inGearX
Your hardware store will have some felt and rubber pads used to quieten cupboard doors when they close that may do the job an they are cheap.

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to inGearX
said by inGearX:

in the first 3 months they keyboard left some marks on my LSD screen ...

There are no marks. You're hallucinating.

Santa Fe
Living With Diabetes.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5
said by dave:

said by inGearX:

in the first 3 months they keyboard left some marks on my LSD screen ...

There are no marks. You're hallucinating.

Hmmmm.... My screen is Crystal Meth, not LSD.
--
sudo is dangerous but root is death!

Helios
Premium
join:2013-11-04
Smithers, BC
reply to inGearX
The only way that I have seen this happen, is when there is heavy force applied to the screen while the screen has been folded down (Books on top, heavy bags, boxes). This can happen with ANY manfacturer, and is common with customer/user neglect.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to inGearX
The HP EliteBooks ship with a light fabric screen protector in between the screen and the keyboard. We throw them out before we deploy the machine, but something similar might prevent this from happening in the future.
--
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." - Robert A. Heinlein