spc
Search similar:

uniqs
cwvallier
join:2009-06-26
Turlock, CA

cwvallier

[iPhone] iPhone warranty

I have an iphone 5 that I purchased 11 months ago. Recently I have started having a problem with the lightning cable not making a good connection with the lighting port on the phone. Usually you feel a nice little click when the cable is inserted into the phone - it like something inside is keeping it from going in as far as is should. I don't feel the click like I used to. It is getting to the point that I am having trouble getting the phone to charge. In fact last night I spent ten minutes trying to get the cable to insert correctly to no avail. My phone is down to 30% charge and I need a solution today. Without having Apple Care, how long is the phone under warranty and would this type of problem be covered? If not, any idea what my options are for this type of problem?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

You get a 1-year warranty. You can check exactly by going to »supportprofile.apple.com and logging in with your Apple ID

For you specific problem and if you keep your phone in your pocket a lot, you probably just need to clean out the connector port on it.

You can google around for how best to do that.
cwvallier
Turlock, CA

cwvallier

So if I cant get it to work myself, can I schedule a genius appointment and they would take care of it as a warranty job?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

That would be my expectation. They certainly won't work on it and ask you to pay without giving you a head's up first.

ridebud
Challenge Accepted
join:2003-12-06
usa

ridebud to cwvallier

to cwvallier
Have you tried cleaning out the lightning jack? might be something stuck in there like lint...

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

echo echo echo....
cwvallier
Turlock, CA

1 recommendation

cwvallier

Was at my local mall yesterday where there is an Apple store. Took it in and they cleaned out the port for me and that solved the problem. They said that the lightning ports are having this problem with lint on a regular basis because the ports are deeper and skinnier than the old ones. It is good as new now. thanks for the replies everyone!

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

That's great news! Glad they sorted it out for you.

The Geezer
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
43.3Á

The Geezer to cwvallier

Premium Member

to cwvallier
This is where a can of compressed air can do wonders.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

1 recommendation

Nezmo

MVM

said by The Geezer:

This is where a can of compressed air can do wonders.

I find a toothpick better. Compressed air can cause moisture sometimes.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to ridebud

Premium Member

to ridebud
said by ridebud:

Have you tried cleaning out the lightning jack? might be something stuck in there like lint...

I've had to do this a few times now on my iP5. It gums up with junk/lint much worse than the old 30pin connector, which i've never had an issue with.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Good to know as my wife's iphone 5 is showing the same symptom.