Premium Member
join:2003-12-23
Midwest

3 edits

poppster

Premium Member

ig32_32.dll error and igdpmd64.sys bsod

Click for full size
I have a HP dv-6135dx laptop with windows 7 loaded. Here are the two issues that I am having.

1. During startup I am getting a ig32_32.dll failed to load in local/appdata/tfzsoft/ig32_32.dll failed to load. That's the first thing that shows during startup on the desktop.

2. During random times I am getting the igdpmd64.sys bsod error. Here is what confuses me on this laptop. It has A core I5 cpu with radeon graphics, why does it need or use intel graphics? I have catalyst running the mobile radeon, and an intel graphics display adapter. If I disable the intel, the video is not displayed right....

This pc is free of malware, I ran mbam pro full scan, SAS free, and it has a paid version of Norton on it since day one.

Can anyone help me out here? I ran system ninja so it deleted the minidump files by accident.

Thanks in advance.

Justin.

BTW, I ran a chkdsk /r, and it didn't find any errors, and I ran a memtest on the ram, and it didn't find anything either.
asdfdfdfdfdf
Premium Member
join:2012-05-09

asdfdfdfdfdf

Premium Member

Your notebook has switchable graphics as the i5 has HD 3000 integrated graphics in addition to your amd chip. The switchable is there to save battery life by using the intel for desktop work and the amd for things that require more graphics power, such as games.

»h20565.www2.hp.com/porta ··· 92883150

gives some more information about this.

The only legit references I can find to ir32_32.dll is for a very old indeo video codec. given that you are running windows 7 and the path given that doesn't make sense. You say the pc is free of malware. Have you recently had to remove any malware?

poppster
Tell the truth and then run.
Premium Member
join:2003-12-23
Midwest

poppster

Premium Member

Thank you for your reply. I was unaware that my i5 had onboard video, thanks.

I updated the graphics driver for the i5 again, and that seemed to fix the bsod.

As far as the error message I used a startup manager to delete the tfz entry. I have not removed any malware since I have had this laptop. Norton has always been update and on (paid for), and It has mbam pro (paid). Haven't been to "suspect" sites, I keep it PG13 as this is the family laptop. Windows UAC is on and everything is up to date. I run system ninja (like ccleaner), SAS to see if mbam pro misses anything, always clean. As far as TFZsoft, I have no idea, it truely is a mystery to me. Is this something that might have shipped with this laptop?
asdfdfdfdfdf
Premium Member
join:2012-05-09

asdfdfdfdfdf

Premium Member

Is this something that might have shipped with this laptop?

I doubt it but don't have any good information.