spc
uniqs
rainor94
join:2009-03-05

rainor94 to Nameless

to Nameless

Re: Rogers new speed and prices

said by Nameless :

I guess for heavy users the top two tiers are suitable choice, provided one is willing to dish out over $150 a month (including taxes). Again, why a person needs that amount of bandwidth as home user unless doing nothing except gaming/ NetflixING.

Gaming or Netflix don't need high bandwidth. There are uses for the speed (cloud, file transfers to servers, etc) but in the end it is too expensive.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by rainor94:

Gaming or Netflix don't need high bandwidth. There are uses for the speed (cloud, file transfers to servers, etc) but in the end it is too expensive.

There are uses, but with only 1TB it wouldn't be of much use.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

said by 34764170:

It isn't for the speed that it is.

said by 34764170:

There are uses, but with only 1TB it wouldn't be of much use.

For some yes, for some not. You're making an grand assumption here that just because the internet is faster you will download more in proportion.

While that may be true for some or very high occupant homes, its not for others. I wager on 1TB being lots for many. I myself pushed 400~500GB on unlimited and that only bursting 45Mbps now and then, I didn't constantly use the full speed every day.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by TypeS:

For some yes, for some not. You're making an grand assumption here that just because the internet is faster you will download more in proportion.

And for many that is true. This isn't a lot even for lower speed tiers. It becomes that much easier to blast through that much data with such a high speed connection and that isn't an assumption; it's a fact. This is the same kind of nonsense as how things are playing out with smartphones.
said by TypeS:

While that may be true for some or very high occupant homes, its not for others. I wager on 1TB being lots for many. I myself pushed 400~500GB on unlimited and that only bursting 45Mbps now and then, I didn't constantly use the full speed every day.

And it's also not a lot for many as well. The situation isn't black and white but it also isn't only with one type of usage.

Anon1122
@terago.net

Anon1122 to TypeS

Anon

to TypeS
I currently have the 150/10 plan with rogers on 70% discount, once I heard about this 250/20 I immediately called them to increase my cap and all they said I needed to do was to get the newer 12$ a month modem which i also get 70% discount on so I said sure. My caps are now 250/20 I know on the website it says 1TB usage but when I checked my account online it shows data usage as unlimited.