uniqs

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

System Notifications not clearing when read.

Lately system notices have not been clearing. And stay around for ever. (on multiple platforms and browsers) A new one comes along clears the old but then that one stays until a new one comes along. So basically always a system notification present.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28

justin

Mod

do you mean IMs?

I opened two tabs, generated a message to myself, then read it on the other tab and it vanished as per normal on the first tab. So from where I am standing, nothing has changed and I haven't changed the code either.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

OK did a little experimenting. Just clicking on system notification does not clear and used to. Clicking the Icon and actually going IM page then it does clear.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28

justin

Mod

still puzzled by this I don't think anyone else is seeing that.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

4 edits

Hayward0

Premium Member

seems to have stopped now. But was doing it for several days if not week or more to bother to post about it on both my Android Tablet with Opera and on home PC with FF. If only clicked on SYSTEM vs the red icon not cleared when read unless more than one and even then the last was not.

And actually not certain about the last thing that I had more than one at a time. But on two different platform and browser it absolutely did if you clicked system(#) vs the red icon. Which bring up another bug not sure cured.... but system click floating window to long to have control buttons in view could not be dismissed and not scrollable.... again the red icon go to IM was the cure to that but shouldn't be that way... the pop up should be scrollable if clicked on vs background page. Maybe under some OS and browsers works but but should be generic HTML to be all. And is far from intuitive... and I've been here for 13 years not long after your creation.... 2000, but these bumps have come up along the way.

Oh and hey you are SO DEDICATED to this space despite the CRAP that has taken place... is astounding and far to few newcomers probably apreciate that and think it is just some service they just deserve for nothing.... few years turn of the century and and broadband just starting (oh yeah 1.5 mbs DSL was a big thing and cable saying who care to this day DSL not HSI reports )tech this was a much amazing place that people now just assume now as a right.

And newcomer may think you getting rich off it, you are appreciated for your dedication... and likely why tou have the tech direct forums no one else does, alot of them are just as frustrated as us on the other end.

Fully expected a service billl... but tech loved my dog, problem was really ATT cheap as shit doing things (line through a tree that was obviously going to grow... vs just stringing around it for maybe 15 more feet... vs service calls they can;'t bill forever for corp rule shortest path stupidity. Now just 6 mo later drop being stressed again by same tree was there and growing should have just strung around in the first place for maybe $25 in material cost (more wire) vs $100 non billable service costs every few years until that palm tree finally grows higher than the wire and shedding aren't hanging on them. DUHHHH