Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

Star Wars: Attack Squadrons

Maybe we'll have a return to X-Wing and Tie Fighter days? One can only hope...
Disney Interactive has today revealed Star Wars: Attack Squadrons, a free-to-play space combat game for PC. Star Wars: Attack Squadrons is being developed by Area 52 Games, in conjunction with Disney Interactive and LucasArts.

Star Wars: Attack Squadrons will allow players to customise and tune “popular Star Wars ships” like X-Wings and TIE fighters and will support dogfights of up to 16 players.

The reveal trailer is not representative of gameplay footage but future ships, environments, and game details are set to be announced in the coming weeks.

If you’re keen to check it out, sign up here for a shot at getting into the closed beta due to kick off early 2014.

Disney registered a host of domains related to Star Wars: Attack Squadrons back in July.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

I figured it wouldn't take Disney very long after they took over.

Couldn't fine anything about Area 52 though, I guess they are a completely new studio? I'm not a fan of the F2P format for the most part, but I'll keep an eye on this. Maybe they will finally do something decent for the SW franchise.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
Free to play... up to 16 players? Dafuq. What is this, 2002?

cheesyyellow
join:2009-06-04
Poulsbo, WA

cheesyyellow to Goggalor

to Goggalor
I've always wanted a remake of the x-wing/tie fighter series. I'll definately check this out. If I'm flying a tie fighter piloted by darkwing duck I'm gonna be pissed though.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
@WannabeBatmang: I have not heard of them either. Maybe it is a new studio that Disney is forming from out of LucasArts? F2P is not always bad (look at MechWarrior and Tribes:Ascent) and it looks to be the way of the future right now.

@Kris: I totally agree that 16 is... very limited considering. Maybe the beta will start out at 16 and they will later increase to 32 or even 64?

@CY: I also hope they don't start adding Disney characters to it; however, c'mon! Darkwing Duck is awesome! If you had said Monterey Jack, then I might agree more with ya.
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned) to Goggalor

to Goggalor
I want to play as Alladin on a magic carpet!!!

cheesyyellow
join:2009-06-04
Poulsbo, WA

cheesyyellow

said by IamGimli:

I want to play as Alladin on a magic carpet!!!

Alladin vs. Dumbo in a deathmatch

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
Daisy in a Tie Phantom = win.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

1 recommendation

TheBionic to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
Jedi Master Chip vs. Darth Dale would be an epic battle.

And I loved Darkwing Duck. Dangerous let us get, my young padawan.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to Goggalor

to Goggalor
Bam! Dead before it had it chance to take flight.
said by »www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com/ :

We want to thank all of the fans who participated in the closed beta of Star Wars: Attack Squadrons. After much consideration, we have decided to cease development so that we can focus on other Star Wars game experiences. We truly appreciate the time you spent engaging in the beta.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

The Star Wars IP is a curse.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

I tried the beta for all of 10 minutes and it was destined to fail from the start since it was a browser based space sim....
Expand your moderator at work

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok

Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons

said by Krisnatharok:

The Star Wars IP is a curse.

It should be a cash cow, but the franchise has so far been administered by true-and-tested morons.