uniqs
rockisland
Premium Member
join:2008-12-15
Friday Harbor, WA

rockisland

Premium Member

[CenturyTel] Add Simultaneous Ringing to end Robo-Calling

Please add Simultaneous ringing to end robo calling. I went to nomorobo.com and they indicated that Centurylink doesn't participate. I have a right to the use of my home landline without being continuously disturbed by robo callers. I WILL NEVER BUY A PRODUCT/SERVICE FROM A ROBO CALLER, and would like Centurylink make this available to their customers so that such calls can be eliminated.
wvcaver
Premium Member
join:2005-04-17
Millersburg, OH

wvcaver

Premium Member

And the phone company's wonder why every body is leaving
rockisland
Premium Member
Friday Harbor, WA

rockisland

Premium Member

Click for full size
everybody needs to call
I called them too so I've done what I can do to be the squeaky wheel.
colorbars
join:2003-03-20
USA

colorbars to rockisland

to rockisland
And this has to do with DSL how exactly? There's a problem here, and it's not CenturyLink.

PEBKAC

Midniteoyl
join:2013-11-22
Knox, IN

Midniteoyl to rockisland

to rockisland
Um.. do you have a traditional landline? Landlines DO NOT work with NoMoRobo, only VoIP.. You need to read up.

"Only customers who have VoIP service with AT&T, U-verse, Cablevision Optimum, SureWest, Verizon FiOS and Vonage can currently use Nomorobo."

And, why would you want someone tracking and recording all your calls anyways? (Besides the NSA, of course )
rockisland
Premium Member
Friday Harbor, WA

rockisland to colorbars

Premium Member

to colorbars
This is a Centurylink forum. It doesn't say it's a Centurylink "Internet Only" forum.
rockisland

rockisland to Midniteoyl

Premium Member

to Midniteoyl
said by Midniteoyl:

Only customers who have VoIP service with AT&T, U-verse, Cablevision Optimum, SureWest, Verizon FiOS and Vonage can currently use Nomorobo

Yes, - I am aware that that is the situation as it currently stands. I haven't seen anything that says that nomorobo can't work on traditional landlines for some technological reason.
colorbars
USA

colorbars to rockisland

to rockisland
Really? The name of the site should be a giveaway, but even if it wasn't this forum clearly says:

"Welcome to our CenturyLink DSL discussion forum."

Game. Set. Match.
rockisland
Premium Member
Friday Harbor, WA

rockisland

Premium Member

So discussions about fiber and PrismTV are off topic? Thank you - good to know.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South

skj to rockisland

Mod

to rockisland
To clear up any confusion and/or misunderstanding, anything Centurylink related is welcome/appropriate here.
colorbars
USA

colorbars

Please clarify what "anything Centurylink related" means in this context. Are you saying that landline phone service is on topic in a broadband forum?

mooch
No Booing Allowed
join:2001-11-11
Sunbury, OH

mooch

said by colorbars:

Please clarify what "anything Centurylink related" means in this context. Are you saying that landline phone service is on topic in a broadband forum?

The Mod very clearly answered your question already.

dslanywhere
@embarqhsd.net

dslanywhere to rockisland

Anon

to rockisland
I sent Nomorobo an email as their site wasn't clear if if worked on POTS or VoIP or both., Nomorobo is a VoIP service. As such it will not work on plain old telephone service using copper pairs.

Scott Amenta (Nomorobo)
Dec 22 03:00 PM

Currently, Nomorobo is supported on Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-Verse, Vonage, Optimum and SureWest.