spc
Search similar:

uniqs

realsis
@172.56.30.x

realsis

Anon

scammed by Ace Digital electronics

I saved money to buy my son a ps4 for Christmas. I paid ace digital electronics 500.00 and never received my item. I was directed to a fake shipping site called global enrouters .com. at that point it was obvious id been scammed. The shipping site was so pore and the so called tracking was ridiculous. I'm out 500.00 and my son's christmas present. I am disabled and on ssi and I can't replace that kind of money any time soon. Ace digital electronics ruined my son's Christmas. Please be aware they are a fraud.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South

skj

Mod

It looks like their website no longer exists. How did you pay for the item? If it was by credit card you should be able to get your money back.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL

1 recommendation

pcdebb to realsis

Premium Member

to realsis
report this with your credit card company and/or bank. You should be able to get your money back. Looks like their website has been cancelled. globalenrouters.com still seems to be working tho.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to realsis

Premium Member

to realsis
Fly by night operation. I hope you used a Credit Card or a Debit Card with the MasterCard or Visa logo on it as they offer fraud protection and charge-backs. If you sent cash using Money-Gram or Western Union then you will never see that money back. Those cash transfer services do not protect the customers against fraud like this. They don't even warn you about possible fraud.

»www.acedigitals.com/ekmp ··· lled.asp
Snapped 2013-12-20 17:33:19

»webcache.googleuserconte ··· nk&gl=us
Snapped 2013-12-20 17:32:58

»webcache.googleuserconte ··· nk&gl=us
Snapped 2013-12-20 17:32:36
Xtreme2damax
join:2007-03-21
Port Byron, NY

1 edit

Xtreme2damax to realsis

to realsis
Oh god their page was terrible just looking at the cached page above. Looks like a first grader designed it, why would anyone purchase goods from them with such a horribly designed page?

Like said if you used a credit card you can get your money back, if you used a debit card it may be a bit more difficult to get your money back and if you wired them money, sent a money order or a Greendot card you are sol. I wish there was a way to easily track online fraudsters and bring them to justice because hearing stuff like this makes me both sad, angry and sorry for those that fall for these scams.
47717768 (banned)
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

2 edits

47717768 (banned) to realsis

to realsis
said by realsis :

I saved money to buy my son a ps4 for Christmas. I paid ace digital electronics 500.00 and never received my item. I was directed to a fake shipping site called global enrouters .com. at that point it was obvious id been scammed. The shipping site was so pore and the so called tracking was ridiculous. I'm out 500.00 and my son's christmas present. I am disabled and on ssi and I can't replace that kind of money any time soon. Ace digital electronics ruined my son's Christmas. Please be aware they are a fraud.

I am very sorry to hear about this. Go to your bank and file unauthorized charge or fraudulent charge. They should refund you the money. Also you can check store ratings on resellerratings.com

Me to
@sbcglobal.net

Me to to realsis

Anon

to realsis
SAME HERE I ALSO WAS I WAS LED TO WESTERN UNION TO SEND 500 BUCKS SO SOMEONE IN MICHIGAN EVEN THOUGH THEIR PLACE IS IN THE UK! I HAVE LOST 500 DOLLARS AND CAN NO LONGER GET IT BACK IT IS LOST FOREVER MY CREDIT CARD CANT DO ANYTHING BECAUSE I SENT I\BY WESTERN UNION

realsis
@172.56.30.x

realsis

Anon

I Wish we could find these creams! ! What was it you bought? I tried to buy a ps4 for my son for Christmas.what hurt me so badly was I had saved for this purchase and I'm disabled and only on SSI and that 500 dollars was a lot of money for me. In fact it's almost half of my monthly pay check. These people almost ruined my Christmas. At first I entered my credit debit card information before being led else where so they also got ahold of my checking account. I had to cancel my card but they had already tried to authorize it for a hundred dollar transaction. Luckily my bank was aware of my situation and I was not responsible for that. I can't believe these people did this at Christmas. Please tell me your story? Do you know of any thing we can do to get our money back or get these thief's arrested? My money order was for the same place as yours as well.i reported this to Internet crimes FBI but I've not heard a thing. It looks as if they just got away with it!! I'd like to talk with you more about this. Please write back and I'm very sorry they got you as well for 500 dollars. Those thief's have it coming to them and we can only hope they will get theirs in the end! Please write back. Thank you

Midniteoyl
join:2013-11-22
Knox, IN

Midniteoyl to realsis

to realsis
Hope this isnt another 'I only got a picture' type of thing...
BangBang
join:2000-07-05
North Bergen, NJ

BangBang to realsis

to realsis
First you gave them your CC. Then you used western union? Something doesnt make sense

realsis
@tmodns.net

realsis

Anon

I checked out as I normally would then received a email that the credit card merchant was down and they required Western Union. That is how this happened to me. Hope this clears it up for you. This IS what happened to me. This is how the events transpired.
realsis

realsis to Midniteoyl

Anon

to Midniteoyl
I don't understand your reply? These people took me for 500 dollars . Again if I MUST clarify myself, I checked out as I would a normal business' with my CC. I received a receipt. Then I was contacted by the so called company that their credit card merchant was down and they required western union. Because no one in town had the ps4 and I wanted to get it for my son reluctantly I did the transaction. This is how it transpired. I'm not sure what you mean about one picture.but hope I've cleared the events up for you. I've submitted a report to the computer crimes division of the FBI but have not heard back from them as of yet. AGAIN hope this clears it up.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South

skj

Mod

The website and scammers probably were not even based in the U.S., so the FBI would probably not even be of any help to you.

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to realsis

Premium Member

to realsis
said by realsis :

I checked out as I normally would then received a email that the credit card merchant was down and they required Western Union.

Were you aware that Western Union has zero protection for fraud?

Also were you asked by Western Union if you were making an Internet Purchase and warned by Western Union of possible scams that operate that way?

Midniteoyl
Knox, IN

Midniteoyl to realsis

to realsis
This is what I was referring too... Most believe he scammed the community.

»www.escapistmagazine.com ··· Xbox-One

Hoping this isnt the same. The story is too close to the same.
47717768 (banned)
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned) to realsis

to realsis
Here is a tip. never send money via Western Union to someone you do not know about or any company.

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to Midniteoyl

Premium Member

to Midniteoyl
said by Midniteoyl:

This is what I was referring too... Most believe he scammed the community.

»www.escapistmagazine.com ··· Xbox-One

Hoping this isnt the same. The story is too close to the same.

What community? Looks like a company gave him (a kid with a kid) a free console.
quote:
But the teenager still didn't have his Xbox One, and was about to upset his four-year-old son (whom he claimed to have been originally trying to purchase the console for) on Christmas. Luckily, UK retailer CeX has swooped in to save the day, offering Clatworthy a free Xbox One console.

realsis
@tmodns.net

realsis to 47717768

Anon

to 47717768
Yes I learned this the hard way. .I should have listened to my gut feeling about this. I really don't know how I could have been so stupid. I should have know better...lesson learned. I kick myself over and over for falling for this scam. I'm usually not so stupid. My son really wanted this game console for Christmas and everywhere was sold out..I was trying to do this for him. I still can't believe I was so stupid. I can't undo what is done but I CAN warn others so they don't suffer the same fate as myself..As soon as I saw their fake shipping company which was badly done I knew I was screwed... That's when I knew for certain I was scammed.i do enough online shopping to know the shipping companies. I am still disgusted at my vulnerability. .but there is nothing I can do now .I cancelled my card *(because they had me enter my credit card first like a regular business then told me their merchant system was down)I've gotten life lock to monitor my information and I've turned them in. This is really all I can do. I know your saying how could I be so naive, I ask myself that as well. What's done is done and I have accomplished getting their fake site shut down so at least hopefully I've helped some others who may have also fallen victim to their scheme. Hard lesson but now I'm VERY cautious about where I shop. I've decided if they don't take PayPal I'm not going to shop with them. I'm a firm believer in what comes around goes around and I believe eventually those sum bags will get what they deserve.!! But I am willing to take responsibility for my stupidity and say I should have NEVER western unioned that money. First mistake!!!. Now I must move forward but I can say I will NEVER be that trusting again!!!!
realsis

realsis to Doctor Olds

Anon

to Doctor Olds
Wow that's crazy. I'll tell you now NO ONE GAVE ME or my son ANYTHING FREE!! In fact I would NEVER go to the press about what happened to me because honestly I'm ashamed of my own stupidity. Luckily my husband and I did have enough in savings to buy my son the real game console for Christmas but it wasn't easy. My story is similar however no one helped me or my son out...I understand it was my fault for being so trusting.lesson learned.im not wealthy and it really hurt us to be out that much money. All said and done the darn console ended up costing 1000 dollars. My husband and my self forfeited getting each other gifts to get my son this console.it worked out good be cause at least he got a good Christmas after all thank God!! But I sure learned a BIG lesson. If they don't take PayPal I'm not shopping there.
47717768 (banned)
Birmingham, AL

1 edit

47717768 (banned)

Even when the seller takes CC or PayPal as a payment method you still have to check seller's reputation first. Have you filed a fraudulent transaction with your bank yet or because CC was charged by Western the bank has told you there is nothing can be done?

Those scumbags not only have taken your money, but also happiness from your son as well.

Midniteoyl
Knox, IN

Midniteoyl to Doctor Olds

to Doctor Olds
The internet/social media community (included most here)..

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by Midniteoyl:

The internet/social media community (included most here)..

He did not get anything from any community effort that I see, he got made 100% whole by eBay/Paypal and had the funds back to buy from a legitimate seller so the only scamming was the eBay Seller that sent a picture. Then CeX figured they might get some good press by giving this dunce a console for free, but I think it backfired on CeX as it made them look stupid in my eyes, not generous like if they had helped a needy family. Obviously this kid in the UK had to "go public" contacting the press or nobody would have known he got a picture instead of a console and I think that is the reason he got a full refund. He was out nothing in the end and I doubt he lets the 4 year old touch the console. I'd be surprised if he even lives in the same house as the mother and the 4 year old. I bet he doesn't.

Midniteoyl
Knox, IN

Midniteoyl

Sigh... I said most in the (Internet/Social Community) thinks he scammed by putting out a story (find a story/post and look at the comments)... Not that he scammed us, me, or you, directly.

People do this all the time - put out some 'I got screwed' sob story in the hopes they will get something. Usually cash donations to 'help out'. In the case I linked to he said he was buying a Xbox One for his '4 year old son' and 'how sad he was'.. really? A 4 year old? A 4 year old would be happy with a Wii or PS3 or 360. The Xbox One was for him, the father, but he used his son to gain empathy.. And it worked.

edit: and as for 'being made whole', he got the money AND a FREE Xbox one, as mentioned in the story. And, BTW, just where is the son? No picture of him or of his receiving the Xbox.

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by Midniteoyl:

Sigh... I said most in the (Internet/Social Community) thinks he scammed by putting out a story (find a story/post and look at the comments)... Not that he scammed us, me, or you, directly.

I guess we are saying similar things just in different ways. I agree he made a media storm then played a sympathy card mentioning his son when that console was for the father. It would be funny to later find out he is behind on child support and doesn't see the kid at all.

Midniteoyl
Knox, IN

Midniteoyl

Sorry... Didnt read good enough

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by Midniteoyl:

Sorry... Didnt read good enough

No problem, It is all good. Sorry I wasn't clearer from the beginning.

realsis
@tmodns.net

realsis

Anon

I don't know about this kid but my story REALLY happened to me.NO I did not go public other than a couple forums to make folks aware of the scam. I have gotten NOTHING free nor am I asking for it. We ourselves were luckily able to get our son a REAL console by forfeiting buying each other (husband and I) gifts so we could get our son the console and make his Christmas. I was NOT asking for pitty as I realize this happened due to my own trusting nature and stupidity. I kick myself over and over for allowing this to happen to me.!! I should have been more intelligent. I just want to help others know these scams ARE happening NOW!! Maybe a housewife like myself might not be aware the extent these scammers will go and by reading my story on these forums perhaps I can help her from making the same bad choices as I did. I have not and will not go to the media as first it's not in my nature second nothing can be done anyway about it and third I'm truly embarrassed about being so trusting. I think it was emptied in a earlier post that I was after something for free that is farthest from the truth!! My story although sad is brought on by my poor choices and I realize that. Also someone implied I made it up. This is also farthest from the truth. Unfortunately it did happen..I do have a question for this community, when someone picks up a western Union money gram don't they need identification to pick up that money or can they just use a fake name? I have the western union receipt with the person's name is their any way western union can help me find them? Or are they just Scott free? 500 dollars is a lot of money for me as I am disabled and on SSI. I was just wishing their was some way I could bring these people to justice as they ruined my Christmas and almost succeed in ruining my son's holiday as well. I still find this hard to believe the even set up a fake shipping site where I could supposedly track my item..The lengths the thief will go to amazes me!! I do believe eventually they will get what they deserve stealing from people At Christmas! !! What skum bags!!

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

There's just about a zero percent chance of getting your money back. Just consider it tuition to the school of hard knocks and move on. Thanks, also, for letting the world know about their scam and methodology. It may prevent someone else from falling victim.

realsis
@172.56.32.x

realsis

Anon

Thank you for your reply.This is true what you say.i can't help but still be so angry about it. But looking on the bright side I succeed in getting their scam site shut down so no one else can fall victim. I did a little digging and the site had been up since Aug. Four months of scamming people! I'm actually surprised it wasn't shut down sooner. I see in my replies someone else had also fallen victim to their scam and lost 500 as well so they say.wondering why they didn't get the site shut down then. That would have prevented my incident. By shutting them down at least I can help others. I'm wondering if there are more sites out there like that now? Active scam Web pages and if so what exactly does a person do to identify the scam before they fall prey? Let me ask that in a better way, how can a person identify if a site is a scam or not.? I understand western union is a big red flag but what about the sites that take your credit information that are scams? How would one identify if the site is legitimate or not. I'm worried about online shopping now. Do you have any tips to legitimize a site? Thank you kindly..
47717768 (banned)
Birmingham, AL

1 edit

47717768 (banned)

you should always check Reseller ratings »www.resellerratings.com/ also websites who are accepting CC or Paypal should look professional, have CS number to call (not just e-mail address.)