spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mrdialup
join:2013-11-17

4 recommendations

mrdialup

Have a Gigaset IP phone?

If you have a C610A system like I do, you might want to look here: »www.frontgate.com/additi ··· t/393761. Although they are not marked as C610H handsets, a customer service rep confirmed they are and indeed I received definite confirmation as I ordered three and all three arrived today. $30.00 shipped each is what I paid, you can get free shipping on your first order if you sign up for their email list. Normally these handsets go for at least $50.00 elsewhere so if you need some, get them while they last.....

Mods: I know this should go in hot deals but it's such a specific item for such a small subset of BBR, I thought I would post it here.

mgraves1
Premium Member
join:2004-04-05
Houston, TX

mgraves1

Premium Member

Most excellent tip. The keys and display pictured match the C610H handsets that I have around here.
mrdialup

mrdialup

I have yet to check to see if they have the special services menu that was cited as missing from some earlier C610 handsets. I'll try to find that out tonight.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

1 recommendation

PX Eliezer1 to mrdialup

Premium Member

to mrdialup
I ordered several of them and as a first-time customer they gave me an additional 20 percent price discount plus the free shipping.

Be sure to go to the main page to register first, then you can get the first-time discount code to apply to the order.
»www.frontgate.com/

Thanks much for posting this, and for posting in THIS forum.

Much appreciated.
mrdialup

mrdialup

Ok, confirmed that it has the special services menu that includes the Voip wizard and other network functions so it is fully functional.

One thing to note with these handsets, when they are new they come with a VERY discretely placed plastic covering over the display area that make them look like they are scratched or previously used. You need to carefully find the small ridge at the extreme perimeter of the clear plastic and peel up the plastic to expose the smooth lense. I didn't figure this out until I received this second handset and saw a bubble underneath
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

I always leave that stuff on as long as I can.

Like slipcovers. And I do tend to get things scratched.
PX Eliezer1

3 recommendations

PX Eliezer1 to mrdialup

Premium Member

to mrdialup
OK, got the three Gigaset C610H handsets delivered today.

Total price including shipping, for the THREE phones, about $70.

Wunderbar!
mrdialup

mrdialup

They still have some if you need them.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

I am using these nice Gigaset C610H handsets with my older base unit, the Siemens/Gigaset A580IP.

The new handsets work great with the old (base unit) phone.

It's a great rejuvenation procedure.
u475700
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

u475700 to mrdialup

Premium Member

to mrdialup
These Gigaset C610H handsets are now only $9.50 each!

»www.frontgate.com/additi ··· t/393761
Cal96
join:2004-11-05

Cal96

said by u475700:

These Gigaset C610H handsets are now only $9.50 each!

Thank you! Got 3. Now to find a base unit...

mgraves1
Premium Member
join:2004-04-05
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

mgraves1 to mrdialup

Premium Member

to mrdialup
Wow, from a good deal to a great deal in just a few days!

I expect that the C610IP and C610H are being end-of-lifed. That model was first offered in the US in June 2011, so introduced at CES 2011.

CES 2014 is fast approaching. I expect something new to be announced there. They always seem to take 6 months to get the product to market after the show.

Sadly, my former contact at Gigaset is no longer there.

P.S. - A friend just called Frontgate to ask about inventory. As of this moment (10 am CST) they have over 300pc.
mikefxu
join:2004-10-05
Titusville, FL

mikefxu to PX Eliezer1

to PX Eliezer1
said by PX Eliezer1:

I always leave that stuff on as long as I can.

Like slipcovers. And I do tend to get things scratched.

I have seen those protective covers fuse to the plastic after being left on for a very long time.
mrdialup

1 recommendation

mrdialup

The code "G134KF" gets you free shipping on top of the extreme discount. Yowsa
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by mrdialup:

The code "G134KF" gets you free shipping on top of the extreme discount. Yowsa

Geez.

How'd you find this stuff?

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Google knows all.

»www.google.com/search?q= ··· ie=UTF-8
wideglide36
join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA

wideglide36 to Cal96

to Cal96
Let us know if you find one. I need one too.

I also grabbed three. Too good of a deal to pass up.

I'm trying to avoid slick deals and fat wallet and now, even on here I can't resist a great deal.

Gotta hide that card.........................
moofo
join:2004-02-04
Montreal, QC

moofo to mrdialup

to mrdialup
They are now 10.60 ! I bought 4.
iamhere
join:2013-01-26
canada

iamhere

I got 2 yesterday (before the free shipping code was posted). The shipping doubles the price but still well worth it.
wideglide36
Altoona, PA

wideglide36 to mrdialup

to mrdialup
Can anyone confirm that these are really the C610h handsets?

After looking at the picture at frontgate, it appears that there is a small silver button or slider switch on the side of the phone.

Searching for the C610h on google and checking several sites, I do not see this button or slider switch shown on any other place other than frontgate.

Does anyone else notice this?

blanalex
join:2006-01-14
Granby, QC

blanalex to moofo

to moofo
They're up at 19.50$US today. What's interesting is the 'was' price: yesterday when the handsets where on sale at 9.50$US, the 'was' price was around 100$, but today it's back at 49.50$US. Funny how they played with that price so they could say there was a 90% discount!

And as far as the coupon code goes: it doesn't work on canadian orders :-(
blanalex

blanalex to wideglide36

to wideglide36
Is it simply the belt clip?
wideglide36
Altoona, PA

wideglide36

Not sure what it is.

No other site shows it though.

Quick question. Can you buy a base unit for these hand sets without the phone itself?

Thanks
mrdialup

mrdialup

The only place I have seen Gigaset base stations (by themselves) pop up is on feeBay. I don't recall seeing a 610IP one but have seen other VOIP models.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
said by wideglide36:

Can anyone confirm that these are really the C610h handsets?

The shipment I got from Frontgate a few days ago was definitely the C610H handsets.

Not the slightest bit of doubt.

Phone, packaging, manual, all match.

-----

I just ordered a few more last night.
PX Eliezer1

PX Eliezer1 to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
said by wideglide36:

Quick question. Can you buy a base unit for these hand sets without the phone itself?

AFAIK every base unit is going to come with at least one handset as part of the bundle.

Also note that I am using these handsets with the older base, the A580IP. They work fine and in essence they are an upgrade for that older base.

-----

Gigaset provides an interactive compatibility guide.
»www.gigaset.com/en_US/su ··· ity.html

Go towards the [bottom] of that page, you will see a pulldown menu for the base unit, then a pulldown menu for the handsets.
mrdialup

2 edits

mrdialup

Amazon warehouse deals has the 610IP phone system (base and one handset) for $72.00. A lot of times, the AWD stuff is like new, probably customer remorse returns: »www.amazon.com/gp/offer- ··· ion=used

I still would not buy a TV from AWD though

And in response to some doubters, yes the ones I ordered as mentioned in the first post are really Gigaset C610H handsets, new in retail packaging, with handset charging base, wall wart for charging base, batteries, belt clip and instruction booklet.

The only reason I can figure the low price is a) someone goofed up and ordered too many of these, b) Frontgate is not exactly where most people go when they look for geeky phones and c) their inventory is not getting any newer so why not just cut their losses and get rid of them before (as mgraves mentions) new models come out.
iamhere
join:2013-01-26
canada

iamhere to mrdialup

to mrdialup
Just received these handsets... nice build quality compared to the original units I got.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

At $10 a piece this was a FANTASTIC deal even if with the more than $10 a piece to get them shipped.

JoePro
join:2006-11-01
canada

JoePro

Got my 2 handsets yesterday as well. Pretty awesome deal! I now have 5 of them
u475700
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

u475700 to mrdialup

Premium Member

to mrdialup
The price just increased from $9.50 to 19.50 each. There still a bargin at this price! However, shipping is free with promotional keycode XXW26655.