All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
samsky13
join:2013-12-19

samsky13

Unhappy customer is now static.

I live in a rural area of America. So high speed internet is not always readily available to me. SO i signed up for some directv service that provided and internet package; this was possible the worst decision ever. They gave me some speed promised but it was not consistent. Also the prices continued to rise. SO i got out of there contract and scoured the internet for a better options. I came across a company call Mercury Satellite. OMG they worked out all my issues they even gave me a large discount because i was an unhappy computer with directv for a year. My speeds are still about the same but my price is going up every month. i'm really grateful of this company. so i just wanted to let other know to do your research before you just buy something and get locked into a contract for something you don't want.

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman

MVM

I have to tell you that this post looks like commercial spam. The company you reference is just one of many selling Hughes, so your service is with Hughes. Since DirecTV does not own any internet capability and likewise just a reseller there is no way for us to know if you actually changed anything at all.
Cybercycle
join:2012-12-23
united state

Cybercycle to samsky13

to samsky13
I have to agree with dbirdman...I don't see a point to samsky13's post unless it is to sell Mercury Satellite. If that isn't your purpose, please clarify...
Expand your moderator at work
samsky13
join:2013-12-19

samsky13 to Anon

to Anon

Re: Unhappy customer is now static.

They do offer internet or it was bundled with someone else idk. All i know is that it came through directv. I did have a lot of issues with directv and i found this online. My purpose isn't to sell anything it merely to voice my opinion on what i thought was best for me. which could possible be a good option for others. Maybe it could be a better option for others.
Expand your moderator at work

james1979
Premium Member
join:2012-10-09
Quinault, WA

james1979 to samsky13

Premium Member

to samsky13

Re: Unhappy customer is now static.

said by samsky13:

My purpose isn't to sell anything it merely to voice my opinion on what i thought was best for me. which could possible be a good option for others.

They're just reselling HughesNet, so I don't see how "Mercury" could be a better option than HughesNet. I looked through their advertising and they didn't mention an ETF which is hard to believe. Their advertising does state that their installers will not setup a LAN for you. Most HughesNet installers will sell customers a router and setup a LAN for them (but at a charge of course).

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman to samsky13

MVM

to samsky13
said by samsky13:

They do offer internet or it was bundled with someone else idk. All i know is that it came through directv. I did have a lot of issues with directv and i found this online. My purpose isn't to sell anything it merely to voice my opinion on what i thought was best for me. which could possible be a good option for others. Maybe it could be a better option for others.

There are only two significant satellite internet options in the US. Hughes and Exede. You can buy each of them through many resellers, but the resellers are not supplying the service. When you had internet from DirecTV you had either Exede, or Hughes. The last time DirecTV had any internet of their own was back when they owned Hughes, which they sold in January of 2006. (Hughes has changed hands a few times, now owned by the people who own Dish)

When you buy internet from Mercury, you have Hughes. Likewise you can buy it from AT&T, Dish, and many others, but in each case you will wind up with just one of the two that actually provide it. Generally speaking, if you are going to buy Hughes you are better off buying it FROM Hughes, rather than have someone between you and the real provider.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium Member
join:2002-12-03
United State

linicx

Premium Member

Amen. Always deal with the provider and not a third party reseller.