MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to justin

MVM

to justin

Re: Steam OS on a Mac Pro?

said by justin:

I had a weird dream. Involving a black round cylinder, a 4k display, and Steam OS (which is really debian).

While I may not be getting the 4k display (too rich for my blood), I did order a black round cylinder today. The native OS that runs on that small garbage can cylinder, runs many of the Steam games. I think the biggest challenge, like with any OS, are drivers. Considering the device's unique hardware, I think that will be a challenge if the manufacturer doesn't cooperate like it does with Microsoft. It would be an interesting project to try though.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

said by mbernste:

said by justin:

I had a weird dream. Involving a black round cylinder, a 4k display, and Steam OS (which is really debian).

While I may not be getting the 4k display (too rich for my blood), I did order a black round cylinder today. The native OS that runs on that small garbage can cylinder, runs many of the Steam games. I think the biggest challenge, like with any OS, are drivers. Considering the device's unique hardware, I think that will be a challenge if the manufacturer doesn't cooperate like it does with Microsoft. It would be an interesting project to try though.

For what its worth I hear Dell will be releasing a 4K 27" or 28" model P2815Q ( 3840x2160) display in early 2014 for under ~$1000.

Along with some other 4K models and quasi 4K,.....

Edit:

»Dell Prepares 21:9 Cinema Display with 3440x1440 Resolution