KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15 to Jammers

Premium Member

to Jammers

Re: [HSI] 30mb/4mb goes to 60mb/4mb happening NOW

We have had it now for about 2 months or so. You might get it much earlier then you think. Look at the small town we are in. I think we only got it early though because of Medford.
said by Jammers:

I don't see us getting upgraded to Spectrum and the 60 megabit speed until October or November. Hope i'm wrong.

ltt75
join:2001-01-22
Hollis, NH

ltt75 to wdoa

to wdoa
Appears Worcester head end is still not all digital and no date is set.
Ironically TDS has fiber to home here in Hollis, but not to my house.
Jammers
join:2009-01-15
Tillamook, OR

Jammers to KoRnGtL15

to KoRnGtL15
How long after you went all digital did you get the speed upgrade?
thornside
join:2004-02-15
Holden, MA

thornside to ltt75

to ltt75
I had been told that this would be complete by the end of the summer. That info came from a CS rep, so take it for what it's worth.
ltt75
Hollis, NH

ltt75

Hopefully we can get someone who knows more from the area to chime in. Each CS I talked to lets me a different story. Mostly, they only can see if the system is or isnt under "Spectrum" and cant see anything else on future deployment dates.

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15 to Jammers

Premium Member

to Jammers
Internet hit first. Then Spectrum with the tv stuff.
Jammers
Tillamook, OR

Jammers

Hmmmm interesting. i thought Spectrum came first then the speed upgrade.

apollog11ya
@71.80.165.x

apollog11ya to Jammers

Anon

to Jammers
It takes about a month, went digital on June 22, 2014, got speed upgrade today 07-28-2014
Hesperia, Ca.
rseiler
join:2001-11-01

rseiler to KoRnGtL15

to KoRnGtL15
Charter to Bring 200 HD Channels, Improved All-Digital Network and Faster Internet Speeds to Customers in Montana, Wyoming and Colorado (August thru November).

Charter has already completed all-digital upgrades in several markets, including parts of Texas, California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Illinois, Missouri, South Carolina, Michigan and Massachusetts. The company plans to complete the upgrade across its 29-state footprint by the end of 2014.

»phx.corporate-ir.net/pho ··· =1952476

B4Knight
Premium Member
join:2014-03-20
Colon, MI

B4Knight to apollog11ya

Premium Member

to apollog11ya
Today was supposed to be the day that the internet speeds would increase. Guess both of the CSR's I talked to didn't have the right info. Rebooted my modem (SB6121) twice, once early this morning and then I rebooted a few minutes ago
78036364 (banned)
join:2014-05-06
USA

78036364 (banned)

That modem only has 4 channel bonding. And yes I know it SHOULD be able to do 60 Mbps. Are you on old pricing using your own modem? That is probably the issue.

B4Knight
Premium Member
Colon, MI

B4Knight

Premium Member

Nope, I am on new pricing which is $54.99/month. After the last tech visit, the technician replaced my own SB6120 with a SB6121. I also plan on getting an 8 channel modem sometime soon.

I called Charter again last night about the speed upgrade and this time the CSR had no info as to when my area or surrounding areas would get it. Not sure where the first two CSR's got the info that it would be today

Getting bursts up to 50Mbps, but then it settles down to around the mid to low 30's.
Jammers
Tillamook, OR

Jammers to KoRnGtL15

to KoRnGtL15
So will our modem show 8 channels bonded before we get the speed increase?

B4Knight
Premium Member
Colon, MI

B4Knight

Premium Member

What modem do you have?

If you have a modem that supports 8 channel bonding then probably, but not necessarily. Channel bonding won't really increase your speeds, but it will help keep speeds consistent during peak/heavy usage periods. By utilizing 8 channels it can spread the user load over those 8 channels thus alleviating congestion during prime time hours.
78036364 (banned)
USA

78036364 (banned) to Jammers

to Jammers
said by Jammers:

So will our modem show 8 channels bonded before we get the speed increase?

We have had 8 channel bonding here for about 8-9 months and we still haven't even gotten our notice to when we are converting to all digital.
Jammers
Tillamook, OR

Jammers to B4Knight

to B4Knight
My modem is a Cisco DPC3208.

B4Knight
Premium Member
Colon, MI

1 edit

B4Knight

Premium Member

You're all set then. That is a 8x4 E-MTA modem. Touted as the best commercial brand. Only problem I have with Cisco modems is the lack of a user accessible log. Motorola, Ubee, Arris, Zoom, etc all have user accessible logs.

On another note Cisco modems such as the DPC3208 have nice small indicator lights which don't light up a whole room at night like my Moto SB6121 does. For that reason I've had to cover the lights when I sleep
Jammers
Tillamook, OR

Jammers

Yeah i can't access anything with this modem. No password or username to login either. At least when i had DSL i could log in and check on things.

B4Knight
Premium Member
Colon, MI

B4Knight

Premium Member

You can login, but you can only get info about the phone portion of the modem. You can however still look at your signal levels, but not the modem log. There is no way to see if you had any T3, T4 timeouts, modem reboots, etc.
political_i
join:2013-11-12

political_i to KoRnGtL15

to KoRnGtL15
»www.bozemandailychronicl ··· ign=blox Spectrum is coming to Bozeman right before school starts for Montana State.
Jammers
Tillamook, OR

2 edits

Jammers to KoRnGtL15

to KoRnGtL15
Internet connection went out tonight which was the first time since i got Charter internet back in December. Unplugged modem and shut down computer and went back to bed and now when i turned the computer back on and plugged in the modem i have 8 channels bonded now. I had noticed in the last few days my connection acting weird so that must be the reason why. No speed increase yet but it must be coming soon also.
ltt75
Hollis, NH

ltt75 to KoRnGtL15

to KoRnGtL15
Worcester system info:
dated 7/31/14
»www.telegram.com/article ··· 857/1116

Thomas P. Cohan, director of government relations for Charter, said, "This fall, Charter will go all digital," which should help with the transition to all-digital Comcast in the spring.

I thought this was a telling sign on just how comcast and cable industry works these days.

As part of that transfer, Comcast and Charter are meeting with selectmen and city and town managers in all existing Charter communities, asking for a transfer of license from Charter to Comcast.

Oxford Selectman Dennis E. Lamarche asked, "What happens if we say no?"

Mr. Murnane said, "Hopefully, we will not get to that."

~~~ As Mr. Murnane opens his coat jacket and show a pistol ~~~
rseiler
join:2001-11-01

rseiler to KoRnGtL15

to KoRnGtL15
Charter to Bring 200 HD Channels, Improved All-Digital Network and Faster Internet Speeds to Tennessee and Louisiana Customers

"The all-digital upgrade for customers in Clarksville, Tennessee is scheduled for August 26, 2014. The project will run through the end of the year with groups of customers transitioning to an all-digital network on a rolling basis."

»phx.corporate-ir.net/pho ··· =1953881

effektz
@71.83.165.x

effektz to apollog11ya

Anon

to apollog11ya
said by apollog11ya :

It takes about a month, went digital on June 22, 2014, got speed upgrade today 07-28-2014
Hesperia, Ca.

victorville here, no upgrade yet.
SwitchFX
join:2007-09-15
La Canada Flintridge, CA

SwitchFX to KoRnGtL15

to KoRnGtL15
Literally getting less than 4 Mbps at the moment... What the hell?

george357
Premium Member
join:2009-09-18
Marshall, NC

george357 to KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

to KoRnGtL15
I finally got the bump to 60mB. I called Charter and asked about it and the tech checked the availability and initiated the switch. He said he did not know why I had not been upgraded automatically. Once he initiated the switch he said that within the hour I should have the speed bump. which took about 20 minutes. The Charter-side initiation rebooted my modem.
janeuner
join:2014-07-24
Troy, IL

janeuner to B4Knight

to B4Knight
quote:
Getting bursts up to 50Mbps, but then it settles down to around the mid to low 30's.
I was experiencing the exact same behavior when I transitioned from 30/4. I had to call charter back and get a CSR to fix something. After a morning of back-and-forth over chat, I am getting the upgraded 100/4 speeds that are available in the St Louis area.
greenhut
join:2004-12-30
Suwanee, GA

greenhut to KoRnGtL15

to KoRnGtL15
60Mbps in Suwanee GA now.
marinemaster
join:2004-04-12
Suwanee, GA

marinemaster

In Suwanee also, but still 30/4
What modem you have ?
78036364 (banned)
USA

78036364 (banned)

said by marinemaster:

In Suwanee also, but still 30/4
What modem you have ?

Are you on old pricing? If so you won't get the boost.