uniqs
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune

Premium Member

[Lore] Double Loremaster

I'm curious if anyone else has done it on the same character. What I'm referring to is doing the Loremaster requirements pre and post-Cata. I finished it a couple of weeks ago. Lots of interesting changes in the various questlines, and much more streamlined. It was weird going through the zones that had a major level range shift.

Now that I'm done with it, I sometimes have difficulty deciding what to do when I log on. I guess I can continue farming archaeology....snore.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

I did roughly 80% pre-Cata. I only started playing mid-Wrath so in those early days there was so much for me to do. Questing was only a small part of that, but my favorite bit. I worked backwards, so did all Wrath, then all BC, then made a start on the old World, only stopping when it was announced it would be re-done (I was never going to get Loremaster before Cata dropped as I was raiding and had lots of alts.

Once Cata dropped, Loremaster was one of the first things I did, starting with Cata zones, then doing it zone by zone in the old World. I loved the changes, Silverpine onwards was awesome.

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake to Thordrune

MVM

to Thordrune
I finished Loremaster pre-CATA launch when we were on version 3.3.x. IE, flying wasn't available in the old world. After the 4.0.1 patch came out, the old world quests were completely redone. I went through and got all of the new old world zone quest achievements. Of course, I did this before CATA expac was released and flying was available.

And you are right, it's a lot more streamlined than before. Lots of crumbs leading from quest to quest and zone to zone. I was running around Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimador trying to find quests prior to 4.0.1 and it was a pain.
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
Yeah, I remember the overwhelming feeling I had through BC with the sheer amount of stuff to do while learning how to play as well.
said by seaquake:

I finished Loremaster pre-CATA launch when we were on version 3.3.x. IE, flying wasn't available in the old world. After the 4.0.1 patch came out, the old world quests were completely redone. I went through and got all of the new old world zone quest achievements. Of course, I did this before CATA expac was released and flying was available.

I finished the first go-around during that time as well (March 2nd, 2010, or during Patch 3.3.2). It was definitely much easier/faster the second time through due to flying. The quest changes made me appreciate Cataclysm a bit more as well.