Download Speeds will increase up to 120Mbps
--
Just Giver

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
Here's hoping Ultimate 30 increases to 60.

Marcer
Premium,VIP
join:2007-07-08
Hamilton, ON
kudos:13
reply to doonsy
said by doonsy:

Email was just sent out

As of Feb 1st

Ultimate will be increased to 425 Gigs
Download Speeds will increase up to 120Mbps**

**In Qualified areas (I.E. areas with 8 down-streams)

Non-Qualified areas will receive the 425Gig Data Transfer

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
Does the increase require a modem upgrade to an eight channel model, or does there just need to be eight channels running on the node even though the modem bonds to four?

stevens123

join:2013-12-17
Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to doonsy
Click for full size
Just got this, so looks like Kingston is getting it.

Marcer
Premium,VIP
Hamilton, ON
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

Does the increase require a modem upgrade to an eight channel model, or does there just need to be eight channels running on the node even though the modem bonds to four?

Requires both an 8 channel modem, and 8+ channels being active in your node.

gooner

join:2013-07-05
St Catharines, ON
reply to doonsy
Just got my notice.

A few months ago I picked up a new modem (for Turbo 20). Then I upgraded to Ultimate 30, and then 60. A few weeks ago Cogeco sent me a new modem, wonder if that will support the new upgrade in speed.
The model of the new modem is DPC3008.

Either-way, look forward to more bandwidth.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
That would explain why you received the new modem.

MysticGuitar

join:2012-04-12
Waterdown, ON
reply to doonsy
Maybe this is why they've been so very unreliable since October?
Cause, if the unreliability is unrelated, I'd rather they focus on fixing their actual network, rather than offer a service they cannot provide.

doonsy

join:2002-03-15
reply to doonsy
I have the Arris TM722G, is this an 8 channel modem?
--
Just Giver

Marcer
Premium,VIP
Hamilton, ON

1 edit

1 recommendation

No TM722G is a 4x4 Channel Modem

To avoid further questions the current deployed models will support 8x4 Channels:

ARRIS TM822G (VoIP)
ARRIS TG862G (VoIP + WiFi)
CISCO DPC3008
CISCO DPC3825 (WiFi)

Farchord
Lost somewhere.

join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC
kudos:1
reply to doonsy
Curious if those upgrades will also happen in the french province, also known as Quebec...?

MysticGuitar

Waterdown, ON
reply to Marcer
Then, the Arris TM722 does not support the higher speeds?

brendanthkid

join:2013-03-15
Windsor, ON
reply to doonsy
Come on Cogeco, upgrade ultimate 30 to 60 please currently on ultimate 30 with an Arris TM722G

Keaters
Premium
join:2007-07-25
Chatham, ON
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to doonsy
I am glad to hear that I will be getting a 50GB increase in my month bandwidth, but wish the nodes were changed to 8 channel bond down and 4 channel bond up. Then I can get the 120Mbps downstream and the 10Mbps upstream. I can keep wishing on that one for the next while.

fishboy112

join:2008-07-21
Cobourg, ON
Reviews:
·Nexicom

1 edit
reply to doonsy
It would be nice if they would concentrate on fixing networks that arent working properly instead of improving ones that work fine already, where i live doesnt have the 10 meg upload yet, doesnt have this current bonus and theres a net congestion alert for my area that has no ETA on being fixed, its really annoying seeing these things, and its not like i live in the boonies, i live right downtown in a town thats right on the 401 yet i get around 5 mbps on my 20 mbps connection from around 4pm till midnight

elitedev

join:2013-05-05
Chatham, ON
Welcome to the club, at least Cogeco is admitting there are issues on your node. They told me that originally too before their supervisor called me and lied to my face just so they could stop providing me a credit.

Cogeco doesn't care one bit that you're having issues, I've called many times and Cogeco will not accept any responsibility for any congestion issues, nor will they provide ETA's or timely resolutions. To top it off they continue to sell without any regard for their current customers who already have problems with their service.

Lotheric
VIP
join:2006-12-17
Trois-Rivieres, QC
reply to Farchord
It will.

It will be first deployed in the following areas (january):
Baie-Comeau
Drummondville
St-Georges
St-Hyacinthe
Sept-Îles
Rimouski
Trois-Rivières

entrope

@142.0.25.x
Any ideas when will we get the increased upload speeds that everyone else is getting? I'm in Thetford Mines area

Beaugrand

join:2013-09-22
Acton Vale, QC
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
·Bell Sympatico
reply to Lotheric
said by Lotheric:

It will.

Baie-Comeau
Drummondville
St-Georges
St-Hyacinthe
Sept-Îles
Rimouski
Trois-Rivières

Lotheric, as-tu de l'information si c'est tout les territoires Docsis 3.0 qui vont recevoir l'upgrade ou seulement certaines zones sélectionnées ?

Aussi le 10mbps up pour le Québec c'est pour la même date ? J'ai un gros feeling qu'il va y avoir encore plus de congestion à certains endroits

Mais bon c'est une bonne nouvelle , peut être la compétition va devoir s'ajuster (FTTN) donc Cogeco en conséquence aura pas le choix d'être plus agressif

- Max

Farchord
Lost somewhere.

join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC
reply to Lotheric
said by Lotheric:

It will.

Baie-Comeau
Drummondville
St-Georges
St-Hyacinthe
Sept-Îles
Rimouski
Trois-Rivières

Curious Lotheric, Technically we're part of the Trois-rivières network, is Shawinigan part of this?

Thanks

Sapin32

@cgocable.ca
said by Farchord:

said by Lotheric:

It will.

Baie-Comeau
Drummondville
St-Georges
St-Hyacinthe
Sept-Îles
Rimouski
Trois-Rivières

Curious Lotheric, Technically we're part of the Trois-rivières network, is Shawinigan part of this?

Thanks

I'd like to know that as well !

Lotheric
VIP
join:2006-12-17
Trois-Rivieres, QC
reply to Beaugrand
Je n'ai pas plus d'informations pour le moment que les villes mentionnées plus haut.

Le 10 mbps en « upload » va être lancé progressivement à partir du 14 janvier 2014 dans les villes mentionnées plus haut. Il sera offert sur les forfaits Turbo 20, Ultime 40, Ultime 60 et Ultime 120.

La limite de téléchargement mensuelle pour le forfait Ultime 60 passera de 325Go/mois à 400Go/mois à partir du 1er février 2014.

Le forfait Ultime 120 aura lui aussi cette limite de 400Go/mois. Le coût du Go supplémentaire sera de 1$/Go pour le forfait Ultime 120.

De plus, les clients du Ultime 60 auront la possibilité de passer au Ultime 120 sans frais supplémentaires (changement de modem possible).

Keaters
Premium
join:2007-07-25
Chatham, ON
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Beaugrand
Vous espérez Cogeco devient agressif avec le lancement de la norme DOCSIS 3.0 et 10Mbps ajouts. À Chatham, nous attendons toujours sur le téléchargement de 10Mbps et le passage à la phase 2 de la migration au numérique. Eh bien, il ya une attente et voir la situation, je suppose. Je suis toujours en attente de la résolution de mon problème de congestion que la mienne a été escaladé au Bureau du Président par quelqu'un à Cogeco. Ils disent qu'ils sont "essaient" de trouver le problème, mais c'est une attente et voir la situation.

doonsy

reply to doonsy
Apparently a technician needs to come to my place to swap/setup the new modem. I asked if I could pick it up at a cogeco location (used to do this with rogers) but this is not an option.
--
Just Giver

Marcer
Premium,VIP
Hamilton, ON
said by doonsy:

Apparently a technician needs to come to my place to swap/setup the new modem.

Unfortunately it's not an option when you have the phone service. Cogeco storefronts do stock Cable Terminals and Cable Modems

gooner

join:2013-07-05
St Catharines, ON
reply to doonsy
They actually sent it to me in the mail a couple of months ago (before the notice). Just packed my previous one up and sent it back.

doonsy

reply to Marcer
Ah so that's why (voip service). I thought it was a little strange, not being able to just swap modems at their store.
--
Just Giver

F_T_T_H

@telus.com
Baie-Comeau
Drummondville
St-Georges
St-Hyacinthe
Sept-Îles
Rimouski
Trois-Rivières

Toutes des villes.......... ou le ftth s en vient ou est deja la ;p !

MysticGuitar

Waterdown, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Cogeco Cable
reply to doonsy
said by doonsy:

Ah so that's why (voip service). I thought it was a little strange, not being able to just swap modems at their store.

Yup, that'd be why.
I should be getting a new modem later in the day. Apparently, it'll also fix the horrible congestion issues. (or so I've been told. I have my doubts, though)