Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1

[iPhone] Find My iPhone no longer logs out after a period of time

I just checked Find My iPhone and noticed that it was logged in. Formerly, it would log out after 5(?) minutes.
Change or bug?
Thanks!

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
Just checked app running on my iPad. It was logged out.

haroldo

united state
Mine was on iPhone 5S (not that this should matter, but...)
I last logged in a few days ago and was surprised I didn't have to log in.

haroldo

united state
reply to Nezmo
Just checked again...apparently, it never made a connection, so I was viewing the last location (from a few days ago)...as soon as it connected, it logged me out.

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
Do you use Touch ID or a passcode?

I just did this test on my 5s:

- With Touch ID turned on, it asked me to login the first time I opened the app. Waited 20 minutes. Opened it again and it did not ask for a password, even after updating the locations

- With Touch ID turned off, it asked me to login the first time again. Waited 10 minutes and opened the app again. This time it immediately asked me to sign in.

Looks like this might be tied to Touch ID / passcodes somehow.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

haroldo

united state
Yes and yes.
Try recreating this in a location with horrendous connection. My office barely gets LTE and when it's in 3G it operates at dial up speeds...so when I opened the app, it sat at 'connecting...' for a few minutes. During this hang, it didn't log out.

haroldo

united state

2 edits
reply to haroldo
Just turned on iPhone (after it was sleeping for six hours) and was at the last screen I looked at, which was Find My iPhone. The display showed the location of my devices. Unlike the other time when I was in my office with a poor internet connection, the iPhone was in WiFi range with a strong connection. I was able to click the map to get to my device and then play the sound to locate...without entering password.
Not sure if it's a bug....or if it was designed this way, since I use Touch ID to access the phone. Then again, if that's the case, not sure why it quickly logged me out as soon as it made an internet connection at my office the other day.
Try testing to recreate, let the iPhone sleep with Find My iPhone as the active app and wake with Touch ID.

Off topic...I misspelled the word "entering" above while typing and spell corrector changed it to "beef fearing"...how in the world did the designers come up with that phrase as a suggestion? I'd be willing to bet that no one in the history of the English language ever wrote "beef fearing" in a sentence. I don't mind spell corrector changing to legitimate words/phrases, but why does it change to a nonsensical phrase?