All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
keltron
join:2012-12-26
North York, ON

keltron to HiVolt

to HiVolt

Re: [DSL] SmartRG - semi-minor problem...

You are right - I am not syncing at full speed. Line quality isn't that great and the Bell Tech put me on a the 50 profile just so I can get a decent upload speed (i should be on the 25 profile).

The sync rate should be the same before and after. The difference should be a matter of the modem limiting my speed through bridge, minus some overhead.

Last State Change: 12/15 02:35:41 (Uptime: 21360)
Line Profile: V53952-26944_11328-2048_66211
DLM State: DISABLED | Equip. Type: OSLAM
Sync Rate: d53944.0/u7488.0 kbps
RCO: d89.0/u99.0%
Noise Margin: d9.0/u5.0 dB
Power: d14.0/u-20.0 dB
Attenuation: d9.0/u10.0 dB (Approx. Distance: 0.65~1.06km)
Block Count: d526749.0/u265755.0

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Hmm, the attenuation is low enough where you should get better speeds than that... has the second tech installed the pots splitter and is the modem hooked up to the non filtered side?

ShawnS
Business Solutions Agent
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

ShawnS to keltron

Premium Member

to keltron
Hello Keltron,

Thank your for posting your line stats.

According to those stats, The noise margin on the upload side is too low. This may be caused by a few things. We would need to troubleshoot partial sync.

I've replied to your post on the Direct thread.

Thank you
TSI Shawn S
keltron
North York, ON

keltron to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Hmm, the attenuation is low enough where you should get better speeds than that... has the second tech installed the pots splitter and is the modem hooked up to the non filtered side?

HiVolt - I'm actually running with no POT splitters at all. I had it before but the tech took them off, saying that may have been why i was getting ~5-6Mbit upload. Perhaps I should be putting them back on?

Shawn - thanks for being proactive on the support. I'll reply to you in Direct Forums.

ShawnS
Business Solutions Agent
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

ShawnS

Premium Member

You're welcome!

You are on a dry loop, POTS splitter shouldn't make a difference. Are there any other devices connected to the jacks in the house?

TSI Shawn S
keltron
North York, ON

keltron

Uhhh - just checked. there's filters on all jacks in the suite.

Should I take em off?

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Yeah, remove them all just to be safe. and any other devices that you might have left plugged in.

then resync the modem.