All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Tplord18
join:2013-08-22
Wallingford, KY

Tplord18

[Network] Latency, and threats from Windstream.

I've been complaining for 6 months about my 3mb service that doesn't exceed 1/100th of the advertised speed, and not to mention the super high pings and delay. As most people are aware of, it's mainly an oversubscribed dslam which is fault for delayed connections. I've addressed this issue to Windstream over their online chat and have been threatened with additional charges on my bill due to complaining "too much". What's funny is that they actually think they're reliable and up to par with other ISPs. What CEO hires a bunch of low-life staff that can't deliver? If I ever see that Jeff CEO, I will gladly give him a day he won't forget. Promised. They're the only ISP in my rural area, and I can't even stream my online videos for people or do anything productive online without the constant worry and struggle of a tyrannical company that needs deleted and sued for threatening me and scamming for not delivering what they advertise as "reliable". They banned me off their Facebook page because I posted a civil comment about what they need to do. STOP HIDING BEHIND YOUR MISTAKES BEFORE I POSSESS YOU AND SLIT YOUR CORPORATE THROATS!
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

I sympathize with your dilemna. I checked with Millenicom at »millenicom.com/ and found coverage for the hotspot plan near Wallingford KY »millenicom.com/plans/#ho ··· pot-plan. It is limited to 20GB per month so you have to watch your usage carefully. It is not cheap at $70/month, but several people I know are fairly satisfied with the service. I would advise putting in your exact address intothe coverage checker »millenicom.com/coverage and see if your location is covered.
Tplord18
Wallingford, KY

Tplord18

I checked, and there is no coverage.
Tplord18

Tplord18 to davidhoffman

to davidhoffman
Also limited data doesn't satisfy gamers who use data a lot.
Tplord18

Tplord18 to davidhoffman

to davidhoffman
You must have checked wrong, because I put my exact information in.
Tplord18

Tplord18 to davidhoffman

to davidhoffman
Not to mention they threatened my bill and my service. Who do they think they are? They're galaxies away from god or deities.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to Tplord18

Premium Member

to Tplord18
Sorry. I put in a generic address of a gasoline station near your city of Wallingford, KY. Your home may happen to be in an area that has no coverage.
Tplord18
Wallingford, KY

Tplord18

Yep. Shitty Windstream is the only ISP around here. I swear, the staff needs to punished to near death.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to Tplord18

Premium Member

to Tplord18
Millenicom is considered use of the internet for necessary basic data transfer services. You were indicating existing Windstream ISP service near the dialup service level. Millenicom can be an acceptable substitute for that level of service.
Expand your moderator at work
davidhoffman

davidhoffman to Tplord18

Premium Member

to Tplord18

Re: [Network] Latency, and threats from Windstream.

There are a few other possible sources that you might contact for help.
»www.wirelessnwifi.com/Hi ··· -Service
»3gstore.com/
»www.maximumsignal.net/
»evdotips.blogspot.com/
Expand your moderator at work
iowaboy
Premium Member
join:2004-02-28
Fairfield, IA

iowaboy

Premium Member

Re: [Network] Latency, and threats from Windstream.

look, he was trying to help so you have no reason to hassle him. Many of us agree with the very poor service we are getting from Windstream and also are fighting with them the same way. By calling in and the techs check the lines and finding bad cables., But Windstream does not want to fix since it will take profits away and affect the CEOs pay. Not all the trouble is Oversold Nodes. they have the worse cabling around and will not fix any of it. they are using the money to string Fiber but are not hooking it up cause that would take more money and they will not spend a dime of their own. I also have no other ISP to get except Satellite. Which I have now for personal use. But I don't game or download videos or stream either.
Tplord18
Wallingford, KY

Tplord18

Lol. You're right, but Windstream needs to roll in 2014 the right way, since they're already under investigation and analysts are predicting the demise of this Thieving joke of an ISP. Majority is based on oversubscribed lines and greediness by the company, but it doesn't change the fact that they're oversold and are getting away with 50.00 dollars a month for not even a 3mb service. They're utilizing dsl to their advantage and it's unethical.

mark40511
join:2004-10-12
Lexington, KY

mark40511

Try to call a TV station and get see if they can do a consumer report on it or something.....
DavidFromKY4
join:2007-12-30

DavidFromKY4 to Tplord18

to Tplord18
said by Tplord18:

Also limited data doesn't satisfy gamers who use data a lot.

As long as you're not downloading the games or patches, gamers use very limited bandwidth. Example: Final Fantasy 11 takes 10MB per hour. Parking yourself in World of Warcraft for 1 month straight takes around 1GB, around 330KB a minute and around 18MB per hour.
beast6228
join:2013-12-30
Madison, OH

beast6228 to Tplord18

to Tplord18
Do what I did, file a report with the better business bureau, then write a complaint to consumer reports. This might not solve anything initially, but over time the more people who complain will eventually spark or start a class action law suit or investigation by the FCC and Consumer affairs.

Anyone that says they, Windstream is exempt from lawsuits because of their terms of service knows nothing, no one is exempt from poor business practices. So with that said, if you are reading this (that applies to anyone, not just the poster) and are affected by Windstreams poor service, submit a complaint or review. It's the only way thing will ever change.

And yes, I am living in the Windstream nightmare too. It's horrible.
beast6228

beast6228

After submitted complaints to the better business bureau concerning Windstream, this is the response Windstream gave me.

Windstream acknowledges Madison, OH customers have been experiencing high speed Internet issues. This is a result of the tremendous growth in Internet usage over the past few years as well as the challenging economics of serving rural and remote areas with broadband. Unfortunately, our records indicate Mr. XXXX service address will not benefit from any scheduled upgrades in 2014. That is because he is located in a remote area that would be cost prohibitive to upgrade at this time. If we are able to make upgrades sooner, Mr. XXXX will be notified.

-----------------

I love how they said it would be cost prohibited to upgrade at this time, this town has a population of 25,000+ people with high tax paying customers. It is not a remote area, Windstream however is based out a remote area in one of the largest and poor counties in Ohio. I am in Lake county. The people that live here are more wealthy than their largest service area in Ohio (ashtabula county)
This area is also serviced by Time Warner, they don't seem to have any trouble offering the latest and greatest services to customers. High speed cable internet has been here since 1999.

With Windstream's record sales profits, they should have no problems upgrading the system.
Tplord18
Wallingford, KY

Tplord18

Wow, that tells me they don't care period. I mean, since when have they?!
tonyNM
join:2014-01-05
Espanola, NM

tonyNM to beast6228

to beast6228
That is a form letter they send out to everyone with the same problem.