LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
·Charter

nunya

MVM

Re: [Electrical] I'll show YOU!

BTW, if you are ever interested in a property and want to know the history, talk to the neighbors. A neighbor is worth 100 disclosure forms. That's who told me the back story on this one. A lot of times neighbors neighbors can clue you in to anything from wet basements to crime problems to neighborhood discord.
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
join:2006-01-11
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

Did you happen to see the neighbors outside, or did you knock on their door looking for info? I think I'd feel a little weird knocking on somebody's door looking for that kind of info..

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

I look for them outside and just go say hi. This guy (the mess pictured) came up to me because he finally saw activity at the house and wanted to know what was going on.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97 to nunya

Premium Member

to nunya
said by nunya:

BTW, if you are ever interested in a property and want to know the history, talk to the neighbors. A neighbor is worth 100 disclosure forms. That's who told me the back story on this one. A lot of times neighbors neighbors can clue you in to anything from wet basements to crime problems to neighborhood discord.

This couldn't be more true. We got kinda burned when I bought our first house, the guy next door ended up being a real tool (abused his wife, loud parties, shooting illegal fireworks, etc). I started hearing things on move-in day from my other neighbors which sadly ended up being all too true. I regret not talking to them before I signed on the dotted line, because I would have passed on the house.

Sadly, I had no neighbors to talk to when I bought this place. The house on my right was a vacant foreclosure at the time and everything else around me is open space. The folks across the street weren't around because they are part-time residents. Things they told me once I met them would have helped me negotiate a little better, but there were no surprises otherwise.