All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
PRBear8
join:2003-01-02
Norwalk, CT

PRBear8

AT&T landline business is leaving CT... What's going to happen to U-Verse?

AT&T is selling off the land line business in CT. Anyone know what's going to happen to U-Verse?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by PRBear8:

AT&T is selling off the land line business in CT. Anyone know what's going to happen to U-Verse?

Check the DSLR Frontier forum; pay attention to what they did to FiOS. If you don't have IPTV, you probably won't see much difference.

my thoughts to PRBear8

Anon

to PRBear8
2700+ ATT employees will become Frontier employees, the current CWA union contract will be honored till contract expires April 2016.

Uverse accounts will be transferred as well, so Frontier will be handling future installation and repairs.

»forums.att.com/t5/U-vers ··· e#M22680

Catch22
join:2013-07-04
Trumbull, CT

Catch22 to PRBear8

to PRBear8
Will this be the first instance of Uverse provided by a 3rd party?

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U

Premium Member

said by Catch22:

Will this be the first instance of Uverse provided by a 3rd party?

Someone posts around here every now and then, claiming to be a U-Verse reseller, so depending on your definition of "provided", then maybe

Even if there is a reseller, those lines are still installed and maintained on AT&T's network

As far as I know, this will be the first instance that the plant carrying the signal will be owned by another entity, in this case Frontier

I saw some comments by the Frontier CEO that they may expand the U-Verse product into some of their legacy areas, as well, but who knows

Catch22
join:2013-07-04
Trumbull, CT

Catch22

Interesting stuff, I wonder how support is handled in the areas where Frontier "markets" Fios?
patryan9
join:2004-06-16
Bolton, CT

patryan9 to PRBear8

to PRBear8
So my question is "U-Verse is in town here but I can't get it at my business address, will I be able to get U-Verse in the near future?"