dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

4 edits

dishrich to RUNDMC

to RUNDMC

Re: [HD] Get Ready for "Ultra-HDTV"

said by RUNDMC :

The Comcast HD fee also applies to all receivers on the account and there's no need to get multiple DVR's with the new X1 you just pay for the regular AO price.

You obviously then have NOT heard of the 5-tuner WH Genie, which is the same thing as X1 - & which is priced VERY similar to X1; it (too) only requires 1 DVR for all TV's.
You obviously also missed the part of the cheaper A/O ($6) on D* vs $10 on CC.

If it isn't included in your package then the X1 is $10

Try $13
So to correct you, on CC it's $10 HD tech fee & $13 X1 (WH DVR) fee - WOW, a whole $2 LESS than D*
Once you add on a 2nd full (NON-DTA) outlet on CC, you just lost that $2 savings...

I've had every service from Comcast to Direct, Dish, Uverse

I currently have 3 out of these 4 services NOW (one IS CC), as well as I installed both sat services for many years - so I AM VERY well versed (too) on who has EXACTLY what random fees, thank you very much!

Comcast by far has the most consistent service and the fewest hidden fees.

It only takes a quick simple search on this (& other) sites to find MANY people that would totally disagree with you on this point...oh, you must have forgot about CC's new broadcast TV fee being added on to all TV subs bills next month, that neither sat company has (yet)...

»Comcast Rate Hikes Expand, Adds New 'Broadcast TV' Fee

BOTTOM LINE - CC is just AS bad (or good, in your case ) of piling on the bogus hidden fees; people simply have to do their due diligence to find out what (all) the fees they will be assessed, & go with which provider fits their needs & budget.

RUNDMC
@comcast.net

RUNDMC

Anon

1. I am wll aware of the Genie and it's capabilities. I still prefer the X1 with its search features, guide, better apps, last 9, On Demand, etc.

2. I have the X1 paying full price and am only paying $10. A quick search shows me most areas are $10 for the X1 so I'm not sure of your area but in the majority of the Comcast serviced areas the price is less.

3. Yes Comcast is getting the $1.50 Broadcast fee but you are WRONG in your statement that Satellite has no such fee. DirecTV has their "Regional Sports Fee" which is $3.00, twice that of Comcast's new broadcast fee.

4. No company is perfect. They all have their advantages, disadvantages, etc, but overall I have found Comcast to be the best. Living in the Midwest especially I'd rather not have to sign a two year contract for constant signal interruptions in the winter. Not to mention if I want a decent internet speed I would have to get that elsewhere and any small savings I may get on the cable portion with satellite is gone when I pay full price elsewhere for a good internet speed.
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

1 edit

dishrich

said by RUNDMC :

I have the X1 paying full price and am only paying $10. A quick search shows me most areas are $10 for the X1 so I'm not sure of your area but in the majority of the Comcast serviced areas the price is less.

Well I looked at our new rate sheets that just came this week in our bills, & actually in our area, X1 (WHD) is actually $11 for the primary MR DVR...so I will stand corrected on that.
BUT, I still stand by the other statement re: 2nd & above A/O's eating up the $4-$5 (any) savings.
said by RUNDMC :

DirecTV has their "Regional Sports Fee" which is $3.00, twice that of Comcast's new broadcast fee.

Yes, but they do not charge it in ALL areas - including mine; it's basically areas that have multiple RSN's for that particular area. (think NYC area that is now up to FOUR RSN's)
CC, OTOH, is charging the broadcast fee everywhere...but I would expect this, since ALL broadcasters are doing this now, to ALL TV providers.
said by RUNDMC :

Not to mention if I want a decent internet speed I would have to get that elsewhere and any small savings I may get on the cable portion with satellite is gone when I pay full price elsewhere for a good internet speed.

Agree, & not to also mention that if you get standalone internet from CC, they sock you that $15 (added) no-other-services penalty...