Search similar:

uniqs

kn00tcn
zero-zero
join:2006-04-19
Canada

1 edit

kn00tcn

[Home Phone] are phone & tv still down in some areas even though power is up?

my rogers box has a blinking DS light, the phone line & tv are dead, could the source cable signal be in another area of the city where power is still down?

internet is on bell at the moment, it consistently comes back soon after power gets restored (not only this ice storm), so if i happened to switch to rogers for internet, i probably would be offline this whole time?

EDIT: no analog cable either, could it be localized my apartment building? thought i just looked outside, it's quite possible that the other building next to me has no power even though i've had power since 3am, there is also power further down past the building that wasnt up last night

guess i'll wait until tomorrow
simon726
join:2006-12-21
Ajax, ON

simon726

Well, my situation is very different than yours.

I live in Ajax and I had no Rogers internet and home phone - for almost 30+ straight hours on Sunday!

My home phone box's lights was off during the power outage (from what I heard, the battery will last about 8 hours).

When I woke up this morning - the power was restored and all of my internet service is running fine. The same goes for my phone.

I'm not sure if I should request another battery pack from Rogers, however...just for my home phone service....
RogersElise
join:2010-09-08
Canada

RogersElise to kn00tcn

to kn00tcn
said by kn00tcn:

my rogers box has a blinking DS light, the phone line & tv are dead, could the source cable signal be in another area of the city where power is still down?

Hi. I am sorry to hear you're having issues. Have services been restored since yesterday?
Some of our main operations sites are without power, and even though we've used power generators, this is not enough. We have a bit more details on our blog »roge.rs/1fCDrYR

Again, very sorry for the issues. Hang tight, and stay warm. Merry Christmas.

Elise
puzz1ed
join:2005-02-20
Markham, ON

puzz1ed

My Home Phone was out for at least 12 hours yesterday although TV/Internet were fine.

I hope Rogers is taking note of the holes/failures in their disaster plan. It is not acceptable for a phone service provider to have inadequate backup power/generators at their operations sites. It also needs to be regularly tested.

Thanks for the hard work and hope all essential services will be restored soon if not already.

@rogers.com

Anon

internet is extremely slow in east mississauga today
just loading this forum took about 40 seconds
Expand your moderator at work

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly to Guest

to Guest

Re: [Home Phone] are phone & tv still down in some areas even though power is up?

absolutely true, there is a ice storm, lots of people are affected I find it funny ppl are demanding their cable be fixed when there are ppl with no hydro or heat that are more in need
JAC70
join:2008-10-20
canada

JAC70

said by Pauly:

absolutely true, there is a ice storm, lots of people are affected I find it funny ppl are demanding their cable be fixed when there are ppl with no hydro or heat that are more in need

What does one thing have to do with the other? Should I refuse to eat, because people elsewhere in the world are starving?

Pauly
canada

Pauly

I don't see what not wanting to eat food has any thing todo with your cable tv, but if it makes you happy, you can do what ever you want, sure go ahead and stop eating.
Rayson
join:2004-01-01
Canada

1 edit

Rayson to JAC70

to JAC70
said by JAC70:

What does one thing have to do with the other?

Agreed.

Rogers & Hydro are 2 separate companies. Rogers employees are NOT helping those "with no hydro or heat that are more in need", are they?? If they were, then may be people on this forum shouldn't be complaining...

The fact is, my connection was down on Sunday, back on Monday, and then down again on Tuesday. With no phone and Internet, I was not able to get the info I needed (weather forecast, traffic info, local news). And that the Internet & Rogers phone systems have no backup batteries worries me!
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by Rayson:

said by JAC70:

What does one thing have to do with the other?

Agreed.

Rogers & Hydro are 2 separate companies. Rogers employees are NOT helping those "with no hydro or heat that are more in need", are they?? If they were, then may be people on this forum shouldn't be complaining...

The fact is, my connection was down on Sunday, back on Monday, and then down again on Tuesday. With no phone and Internet, I was not able to get the info I needed (weather forecast, traffic info, local news). And that the Internet & Rogers phone systems have no backup batteries worries me!

Batteries and generators are not designed for such a long power outage. Just because you have power, doesn't mean there is power to the operations sites that feed your home.

A lot of the issues are also attributed to fibre cuts and other physical damage to equipment. This cannot be repaired until it is safe to do so. Toronto Hydro and other city crews need to remove any hazards before Rogers can even begin to repair anything.

Pauly
canada

Pauly

said by yyzlhr:

Batteries and generators are not designed for such a long power outage. Just because you have power, doesn't mean there is power to the operations sites that feed your home.

A lot of the issues are also attributed to fibre cuts and other physical damage to equipment. This cannot be repaired until it is safe to do so. Toronto Hydro and other city crews need to remove any hazards before Rogers can even begin to repair anything.

amen bro, A-M-E-N, couldn't have said it better myself