Search similar:

uniqs
grantsa4
join:2007-08-15
Naperville, IL

1 edit

grantsa4

[Bill] Any advice with lowering a bill

My mother in law and grand mother in law have asked me to help them in trying to get their cable bill's down.

Does anyone have any advice with any methods they have successfully used to lower a cable bill? Other than the obvious of lowering the package.

I think they both have triple plays - not sure of which package yet.

Thanks for any advice.

Edited to add topic group category. Sunny See Profile

flwpwr
@comcast.net

flwpwr

Anon

Re: Any advice with lowering a bill

after lowering the package, try getting DTA's where they can [other than primary box], lower the speed of the internet as well.

After that call in and see what sales can do.

anonman
@comcast.net

anonman

Anon

My aunt has been with Comcast for a long time up in Jersey...She was out of work for a while and needed her bill lowered...I told her to just call and ask for retention and tell them what was going on...she got them to give a $40 off month discount

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry to grantsa4

Premium Member

to grantsa4
I recommend calling Retention (the menu tree option, "Thinking of disconnecting ...."); NOT sales. Mention a good payment track record (presuming that's the case), being loyal AND being elderly on a fixed income ... etc.

If they do get a promotion: write down the agent's name/ID; start/end date of the promotion and ALL of the details (e.g. HSI at $x.xx). Before hanging up, ask the agent to repeat the prices and details. The only thing they can't quote are taxes/fees. Another thing is to purchase their own cable modem from the approved list to save $8/month. But -- keep that receipt until the 25th century, lol.

Personally, I believe they could find cheaper and more reliable phone service elsewhere.

Good luck: I wish CC and other companies offered senior discounts.
sparky007
join:2011-08-25
Phoenix, AZ

sparky007 to grantsa4

to grantsa4
Freakin COX raised my internet bill by $6.00.. I'll be lowering my speed down to a cheaper level.
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

This is not cox forum this is comcast forum