San Francisco at Arizona 4:25 pm
Kansas City at San Diego 4:25 pm
St. Louis at Seattle 4:25 pm
Philadelphia at Dallas 8:30 pm

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

Here is the current playoff picture from yahoo: »sports.yahoo.com/news/nf ··· 899.html

It's a real mess for the remaining AFC wild card spot.

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

1 edit

capdjq to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
Arizona is playing real well. they could upset SF.
It doesn't really matter if either the Packers or Bears make the play offs. with their defense they will be one and done.
The Eagles game will be a formality. Even with Romo, their defense is the worst I've seen in recent memory. The Eagles have a better chance in the play offs.

I see San Diego with a real good chance to make the play offs.

"Would clinch a playoff berth with a win vs. the Chiefs + Dolphins loss to the Jets (earlier) + Ravens loss at the Bengals"
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

I see the dolphins getting that spot.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

Go Steelers!

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
I hate when the Giants and Jets play at the same time, I usually have to p.i.p. one game and switch back and forth between the two.

Anyway, at least one of the two should get a win to finish the season. Hopefully.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

nm

aurgathor
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor to Moorecards

to Moorecards
Aaron Rodgers will start for Green Bay Packers on Sunday!
»sports.yahoo.com/blogs/n ··· nfl.html

That will surely make that game much more interesting. Of course there's a possibility that he'll be a bit rusty after missing a few weeks, but still, he should be a very significant upgrade over Matt Flynn.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

rockotman

Premium Member

And Green Bay is now a 3 point favorite despite the game being in Chi-town and Rogers being a bit rusty.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Should be a interesting game. Rodgers should be able to scorch the chicago pass defense. Than again, Cutler is going to be able to scorch the packers pass and run defense. Im going to guess chicago wins thanks to Forte. I do see a real shootout with lots of picks tho. I think in the end tho the fact that Rodgers never visits the weight room or works out is going to hurt them in this game.

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

The line on the Packers game should be greater. Anybody who bets on the Chicago is wishful thinking. Their defense is awful and Cutler is erratic.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
Romo is out for the rest of the season. He had his back surgery this mourning.

»espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/s ··· a-eagles
wolfy339
join:2005-04-30
Edmonds, WA

wolfy339 to Moorecards

to Moorecards
Well, it looks like STL@SEA will be for all the marbles in terms of division title and home field advantage. If I were a betting man I would take SEA, I'll admit that them being 10 point faves makes me nervous.

aurgathor
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor to Caddyroger

to Caddyroger
That definitely helps the Eagles, but I wouldn't completely write the Cowboys off just yet -- while they had some remarkable performances, the Eagles isn't exactly the most consistent team. Kyle Orton is not likely to repeat what Romo did against Denver, but for all practical purposes, this is almost like a playoff game, so the others may just play better than before.
JSull
join:2013-01-15

JSull

Should the GB/CHI game be Sunday night, rather than PHIL/DAL?

aurgathor
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

I guess the decision was made before Romo's injury -- well, such things can happen in the NFL.
aurgathor

aurgathor to wolfy339

to wolfy339
said by wolfy339:

Well, it looks like STL@SEA will be for all the marbles in terms of division title and home field advantage. If I were a betting man I would take SEA, I'll admit that them being 10 point faves makes me nervous.

They should've clinched everything in SF, but they failed. Then lost, in spite of 4 ints from the opposing QB.
Not a good time to go soft on the offense....
wolfy339
join:2005-04-30
Edmonds, WA

wolfy339

said by aurgathor:

said by wolfy339:

They should've clinched everything in SF, but they failed. Then lost, in spite of 4 ints from the opposing QB.
Not a good time to go soft on the offense....

No argument here, just hoping SEA can get things back on track.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

1 edit

rody_44 to capdjq

Premium Member

to capdjq
While chicagos d is awful. So is the packers. I watched my eagles run 9 minutes off the clock at the end of the game rushing every play with GB knowing they were running. Im guessing if chicago runs Forte, chicago wins. Even with rodgers the packers aint the same team rodgers left 8 weeks ago. Im guessing chicago plays smart football and that means they run forte right up the gut of the packers and take the game out of cutlers hands. Forte is going to have a LOT of rushing yards and rodgers is gonna throw a few picks. End result i believe will be a chicago win. Guess we will know in a couple of days tho. I wouldnt bet the game tho as im not sure chicago is capable of smart football. I doubt the packers can muster much of a running game in this one.
rody_44

1 edit

rody_44 to aurgathor

Premium Member

to aurgathor
The eagles were winning this game with or without romo. Without romo tho this game is going to be a blood bath. I dont see the dallas d to holding the eagles to less than 40 and i dont see the cowboys offense scoring more than 20. This games over early 4th quarter and everyone gets to go to bed early. Eagles end the regular season second in points scored. Not bad for a first year head coach with a college offense. Imagine what they do next year.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to rody_44

Premium Member

to rody_44
said by rody_44:

Jets are playing spoiler Sunday.
JSull

JSull to rody_44

to rody_44
It may be over by the half.
Only prayer Dallas has is to shorten the game by controlling the football....use up clock and score TD's, not fieldgoals.
Even if Romo was healthy, it was going to be tough.
Big question is, how will two back surgeries effect Romo's future? He will never be 100% again.....it could end his career.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

rockotman to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

said by rody_44:

Jets are playing spoiler Sunday.

I would like to see that. It is necessary to keep the Stillers thin playoff chances alive.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

1 edit

rody_44

Premium Member

I could see that happening. I really think the dolphins win but its week 17 and i dont really believe the teams are that far apart but its the jets. I would love nothing more than to see both pa teams make the playoffs.
rody_44

2 edits

rody_44 to JSull

Premium Member

to JSull
Agreed, i think they were throwing a herniated disk around. If it is that i dont see him coming back as a mobile quarterback. He is gonna suck if he cant run around. I hate the cowboys but i have to give romo credit. He aint no wimp and i wouldnt bet he is done just yet tho. Part of me hates to see any player go out do to injury. But of course im a eagles fan so i also want to see him retire with no super bowl wins. So in my world he returns and just sux from here on out and retires a few years down the line. But wait he already sucked so im not sure that goes together. When romo retires i will give him the respect he deserves.

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah to Moorecards

to Moorecards
NE

I want more Hatriots!!!!
JSull

JSull to rody_44

to rody_44
While not a Romo lover, I do hate to see this happen. Romo is star-crossed, from the he fumbled the snap vs Seattle years ago. He can make some great plays, then with the game on the line, make a stupid mistake.
I have been a Cowboy fan since they came into the league, and my Dad would take me to the Cotton Bowl to see Lilly, Meredith, etc.
I am not a Jerry Jones fan. I give him full credit for the fact this organization sucks. He has no clue on drafting. He refuses to allow the head coach to choose his own staff, run the team, and wait to see the results.
Philly should win easily ...if they lose, it will be a super choke job.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Im a eagles fan so clearly not a romo lover. But truth be told he is one hell of a player and im willing to admit it. We can all agree the cowboys are losers because of jones not because of romo. Romo just tries to dam hard and thats what brings his mistakes. Well 50 something million dollars says hes not done yet. But he is never going to be the same player going forward. A herniated disk will see to that.

aurgathor
Lynnwood, WA

1 edit

aurgathor to Moorecards

to Moorecards
ratbirds are rising....

Edit: but they seem to have their wings clipped quickly, at least for now

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
Looks like the Dolphins are going to lose to the Jets.