how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

smoyer85

join:2013-12-24
East Pittsburgh, PA

Overtime, loss of pay

I was recently fired from Triwire Engineering Solutions Inc. I found numerous payroll discrepancies regarding overtime that i was not paid ( they only pay the 1/2 not the time and 1/2) loss of pay level due to soi (service on install) and not fully paid for things that were done at the installs that i should of been paid for. and gas reimbursements. I was looking into all these and finding that triwire was in the wrong, yet i was terminated. what are my options

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
I would imagine PA has a state labor board. Start there.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 recommendations

reply to smoyer85
Step 1:

Remove the name of the company from your post. It will do nothing but hurt your case.

Step 2:

Review the Overtime Laws for PA here:
»www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/se···1&mode=2

Step 3:

After reading the laws, if you feel, based on your pay stubs that you were not compensated correctly, contact the State of PA Labor Law Department to learn how you can file a grievance.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
reply to smoyer85
You may want to determine what you are owed and contact the companies HR dept to have them look into the matter. It may be that the HR dept is like a lot of others and they will simply do as the higher ups tell them to do... which can be to tell you to piss off. In that case you'd need to file in civil court for the pay that they owe.

harald

join:2010-10-22
Columbus, OH
reply to smoyer85
That's called Chinese Overtime, and it is legal in certain circumstances. Talk to the Labor law people as recommended.

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8
reply to smoyer85

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8
reply to smoyer85
Apparently they have been sued numerous times for wage violations...

rfnut
Premium
join:2002-04-27
Fisher, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 recommendation

reply to smoyer85

said by smoyer85:

.........what are my options

a. Ignore it.
b. do something about it.

Having been on both sides of this type of issue, I suggest ignoring it, and use it as a lesson to pay close attention to record keeping and employment contracts in the future.

Looks like Triwire is what I have experienced in the past as a typical cable install contractor.
Also amazes me when someone finds many "broken labour laws" only after being fired, but not after the first questionable pay check or invoice.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1
reply to smoyer85
said by smoyer85:

I was recently fired from xxxx. I found numerous payroll discrepancies regarding overtime that i was not paid ( they only pay the 1/2 not the time and 1/2) loss of pay level due to soi (service on install) and not fully paid for things that were done at the installs that i should of been paid for. and gas reimbursements. I was looking into all these and finding that triwire was in the wrong, yet i was terminated. what are my options

Was that 1/2 addition to reg pay which would be 1 1/2 or just 1/2 period? (as in did you reg time not reflect the extra hours, plus the 1/2 added as a separate item.)
--

dcurrey
Premium
join:2004-06-29
Reviews:
·Cincinnati Bell
·ViaTalk
·Time Warner Cable
reply to rfnut
said by rfnut:

Also amazes me when someone finds many "broken labour laws" only after being fired, but not after the first questionable pay check or invoice.

I took it the OP was fired for bringing up the errors in payroll.

said by smoyer85:

I was looking into all these and finding that triwire was in the wrong, yet i was terminated. what are my options

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:3
reply to smoyer85
This is a BOT, its posted many places with the same text

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
may not necessarily be a bot, but a person posting in many places looking for an answer.
--
| map your city |

smoyer85

join:2013-12-24
East Pittsburgh, PA
reply to smoyer85
deffently not a bot, and yes i have taken some of this advise and looking into it, and also have hired a lawyer