spc
Search similar:

uniqs
floydb1982
join:2004-08-25
Kent, WA

floydb1982

[Tech] Looking for battery grip for D3200 that uses 4 batteries

I'm using a battery grip that holds 2 batteries. great I can get 1000 pics instead of 500 pics. anybody now of a battery grip for the D3200 that uses 4 batteries???

rcroning
D700 Rocks
Premium Member
join:2005-05-21
Winnipeg, MB

rcroning

Premium Member

Re: [Misc] Looking for battery grip for D3200 that uses 4 batteries

Have a second set of batteries handy. When they juice in the first set runs low, replace them. 10 secs....VOILA!!!

I doubt any after-market manufacturers would waste time making such a grip for a low end DSLR. And not many people would want the added bulk and weight.
floydb1982
join:2004-08-25
Kent, WA

floydb1982

When they do make such a type battery grip I'll be the first person in line to buy one.

rcroning
D700 Rocks
Premium Member
join:2005-05-21
Winnipeg, MB

rcroning to floydb1982

Premium Member

to floydb1982
I believe you will have a very long wait!!!

mk1_416
@start.ca

mk1_416 to floydb1982

Anon

to floydb1982
It doesn't exist for any DSLR or medium format camera of any make or class. It would no longer be a grip but a battery pack not ergonomically suited to be used as anything but a battery pack.

Almost all of the grips include a AA tray for emergencies and switching to it or swapping out two Nikon battery packs isn't something that will kill your shooting. Even when you run and gun there are things to pay attention to.

Those who use grips use them primarily for the grip, not the extra battery life hence no company has bothered to create it.

What you can do is go to B&H or ebay and get 2 of the same grip, either find another one of the same model you have or buy 2 new ones. Then carry the tray from the 2nd grip as a spare with 2 batteries in it ready to switch out in seconds.
mk1_416

mk1_416 to floydb1982

Anon

to floydb1982
said by floydb1982:

When they do make such a type battery grip I'll be the first person in line to buy one.

as rcroning said...you will wait a long long time...

Nikon doesn't even make a grip for the 3200 as there is no viable market for it.

altern
@comcast.net

altern to floydb1982

Anon

to floydb1982
two other options,

the Nikon EH-5 ac to dc supply, using an adapter cable EH-5B, if you don't mind having a cable attached to the camera. there are several versions of these supplies. the original 5 is ng in California.

or using an BIG external dc battery pack, connected to the EH-5B adapter, or soldered to the tray with a short cord.

power supply is 9.0 VDC, 4.5 A per b&h spec page.