Otto58
Premium Member
join:2001-02-26
Germany

Otto58

Premium Member

VoIP on USG 20

Click for full size
I am confused about SIP timeouts on USG 20.
I use an old router (as Client), which creates an ISDN S0-bus.
This Router gives me the option to hold port forwarding active every 30s, 1min, 2min or 5min.
The result is, 1min is ok, but with 2min I can't reach the telephones from outside.
My USG settings are on the Picture. Is this 1min limit at an other place of the router?

Second question: Can I improve the Setting? Normal use of phone and FAX, no Kids.

The old router gives my also the chance to give SIP-packets and RTP-packets a "numerical"? value. There are such values in USG, which help to force this packets?

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON

1 edit

Brano

MVM

If you don't have SIP_ALG enabled none of the other SIP_ALG settings are enabled either.

That said, out of my personal experience, I keep SIP_ALG off all the time and that gives me the best results.
JPedroT
Premium Member
join:2005-02-18

JPedroT to Otto58

Premium Member

to Otto58
SIP ALG and such features should only be enabled in once place. Either your GW or your device or the SIP Server etc. Its like almost like running double nat and you should try to run with it all off first and then try to enable one and see if its help.
If it does not, turn it off again and then try to turn on another feature and so forth.