spc
uniqs
Xtreme2damax
join:2007-03-21
Port Byron, NY

Xtreme2damax to ctceo

to ctceo

Re: Funny overdrive pro glitch

I am wondering the same as above. When I play Team Fortress 2 I am lag quite bad, when I play it actually feels like my ping is much higher than what it actually is and when I start playing I get frequent ping spikes sometimes up to 750ms. It feels like I am on a massive delay so before I can react I am already dead, enemies pass right through me or teleport behind me and I get some rubber-banding and stuttering. I ran a ping test and get zero packet loss and only have around 13ms - 16ms jitter. My 3G signal is between 40% - 60%, my speed test earlier was 1.5 Mbit /s down and 0.45 Mbit up. My ping to local servers is anywhere around 100ms - 150ms. Clearly it's not my ping at fault because other players play with 100ms - 200ms ping or greater and seem to do just fine.
criggs
join:2000-07-14
New York, NY

criggs

Sounds to me like it's your computer that's overloaded, not your connection.

ctceo
Premium Member
join:2001-04-26
South Bend, IN

ctceo to Xtreme2damax

Premium Member

to Xtreme2damax
What is your CPU and Physical Memory Size?

I'd wager it's something clogging up CPU foreground priority cycles or causing too many page commits and holding up the pipeline for the game to run smoothly.
Xtreme2damax
join:2007-03-21
Port Byron, NY

Xtreme2damax

Unfortunately since my i7 board died I've been using a crappy replacement board I've had since 2008 with a Core2Due E7500 @ 3.25 Ghz, 4GB DDR3 Ram and a GTX 460.

How can I optimize network settings for the Overdrive Pro to give me the best possible performance for gaming?

ctceo
Premium Member
join:2001-04-26
South Bend, IN

ctceo

Premium Member

Click for full size
Make sure that your wireless card on the PC is configured to connect to the ODP using proper wireless advanced configuration. This may vary greatly depending on your chipset.

As for configuring your hotspot, this is what I do to maximize gaming performance.

Be the only device connected
Here area couple screenshots to help out.

There are a lot of other little things that can help out. Run a namebench test to find the DNS servers with the best results for your relay path, which may be different than mine. I use 1 OpenDNS and one V/GTEi dns.

You may have to run several tests based on the amount of bars of 4g reception your getting.

Disable GPS. Set to 4G only to prevent wasted cycles polling 4g signal strength compared to 3g. Always use power supply if you can help it. Remove battery for this as the ODP has a propensity to overheat with some versions/firmwares.