SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
join:2002-10-08
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·VOIPO

Puppy ate a tiny piece of wrapping paper.

My 9lbs small Puppy ate a tiny piece of wrapping paper.

Is that OK? Or should I take him to the vet?

Of course I wasn't looking and thought I picked everything and he found it.
--
»www.RestartYourComputer.net

PrntRhd
Premium
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA

If it is paper, he will give you a colorful present in a day or so.
Seriously, he should be fine.

Santa Fe
Stormy Weather
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:3
reply to SuperNet9

Yeah, our dog used to think Tinsel was a delicacy. Finally stopped putting it on the tree.
--
sudo is dangerous but root is death!

Thespis
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
Premium
join:2004-08-03
Keller, TX

1 recommendation

reply to SuperNet9

I had a dog that ate an entire pair of pantyhose. This too shall pass...
--
Fast. Cheap. Safe.
Pick two...

pike
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-01
Washington, DC
reply to Santa Fe

said by Santa Fe:

Yeah, our dog used to think Tinsel was a delicacy. Finally stopped putting it on the tree.

It makes finding their deposits in the back yard so much easier though!

Spensergig
Past my Prime
Premium,MVM
join:2000-03-26
Bradenton, FL
reply to SuperNet9

One of our guys ate an entire birthday cake, including the candles and candle holders.
The plastic spikes were apparently cushioned by the cake, but we found all 30+ holders in the back yard during the next week.

If it is something that you personally could digest, so can he (unless it is poisonous, like poinsettia leaves or chocolate.)

Give him a good meal to cushion it.

Santa Fe
Stormy Weather
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to pike

said by pike:

said by Santa Fe:

It makes finding their deposits in the back yard so much easier though!

And if it's dark, you can use a metal Detector!
--
sudo is dangerous but root is death!

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
kudos:1
reply to SuperNet9

You realize that dogs have been known to eat their own shit, right?

CmmTch

join:2002-08-10
High Ridge, MO
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to SuperNet9

said by Thespis:

reply to SuperNet9
I had a dog that ate an entire pair of pantyhose. This too shall pass...

What Thespis said +1

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Oedipus

said by Oedipus:

You realize that dogs have been known to eat their own shit, right?

my sisters dog does that but he stopped doing it resonantly

--
Live Free or Die Hard...

Booost

@bell.ca
reply to SuperNet9

My cat used to eat tissues and toilet paper sometimes. I'd find the TP unrolled with cat mouth sized bites in the end.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Santa Fe

said by Santa Fe:

I was both grossed out and amused when my dog did this and he would run around with a string of tinsel hanging out of his ass.

To the OP, as others have said, your dog should be fine.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

tp0d
yabbazooie
Premium
join:2001-02-13
Carnegie, PA

1 recommendation

Friend of mine's dog ate the entire used roll of string left from cooking a whole pig on a spit. Took a day or so, but we noticed the dog walking around bow-legged, and found a 2 foot chunk of string hangin from his ass.. He stepped on it, dog kept walking away, must have been 30ft of string came out.. Was the funniest thing I ever saw, laffed my ass off.

-j
--
if it aint broke, tweak it!!
currently on FiOS (kick aZZ!)

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
reply to SuperNet9

said by SuperNet9:

Can't hurt... Better safe than sorry, right ?

La Luna
Survived Ashraful
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY

1 recommendation

reply to SuperNet9

for future reference since this was posted yesterday.....a small piece of paper should be fine and pass through.

Things like string, pantyhose, anything cloth that's large, ISN'T fine and should warrant a vet visit. Those things can easily cause an intestinal blockage. Tinsel also can cause blockage. It may sound funny when they eat these things, but it's not. Common sense should prevail. Watch for signs, like lethargy, signs of belly discomfort, refusing food, vomiting, drooling, diarrhea or no poo at all. If present, off to the vet ASAP.
--
The Alien in the White House

22,046 DEADLY TERROR ATTACKS SINCE 9/11

Igore

join:2000-10-29
Santa Cruz, CA
reply to SuperNet9

My little 6 lb mini-aussie puppy used to go into the yard and bring in pieces of bushes and shrubs, and chew them. None were poisonous, but we wondered about the "roughage". It all came out fine. Our joke was "she's opening a new branch office"

Of course the common sense advice of other posters regarding watching for problems should still be applied, but I think a tiny piece of wrapping paper will pass just fine.

Booost

@bell.ca
reply to La Luna

My cat ate a sewing needle once. That got removed surgically.

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium
join:2000-05-14
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to SuperNet9

My dog Lucy ate an entire pack of yellow Post-its. We only knew because we found the cello wrapping and a partially chewed pad behind a chair.

Came out a couple of days later, still yellow, but the worst for wear. Got pics somewhere.

Her bother Desi will chow down on any used tissues he can find.
They don't come out white.
--
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him. - Robert A. Heinlein

Expand your moderator at work

Kramer
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA
Reviews:
·GoDaddy Hosting
reply to SuperNet9

Re: Puppy ate a tiny piece of wrapping paper.

Many years decades ago our very young English Cocker puppy ate a men's size 9 sock. It was in his confined area to play with. We didn't notice it missing, but we certainly noticed it when it re-appeared out the opposite end of his body. I don't think a small piece of paper is worth worrying about.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1

2 edits
reply to SuperNet9

said by SuperNet9:

Of course I wasn't looking and thought I picked everything and he found it.

Dogs especially larger ones (even when puppies and if puppy and 9 lbs likely is) are pretty resilient as long as object not hard and bulky.

Like my sisters dog liked to swallow small ball like objects that required surgery.

But my dog not full grown ate a plastic bag or wrap that had, had food in it.... and yes a day later not even knowing he had done it came out in an interestingly sculpted poop no harm.
--

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
join:2002-10-08
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to SuperNet9

Thank you everyone for your input! Knock on wood, he seems fine.
--
»www.RestartYourComputer.net

weaseled386

join:2008-04-13
Edgewater, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
·AT&T U-Verse

If I may ask, are you a new dog owner? I know I was very paranoid with my first puppy! I'm 36, and I've now owned or temp homed 6 dogs. The dogs I temp home were either given to me, found, or rescues.

My first Boston Terrier wasn't too bad, but would eat rubber bits from her toys. At 13 she is still kickin! Albeit nearly blind and deaf... In her old age she wasn't doing well at my house, because of my daughter. The daily battle with (at the time) a curious infant was too much. My dad (70yo) took her, and they do everything together.

I've had two dogs that would run to my woodpile, grab logs, and chew them to a pulp. One was a Lab and the other an English Bulldog. They're very well fed, I always have plenty of toys, and we'd go walking (Bulldog) or running (Lab) almost daily. After battling it for a few months I just said "screw it." Both are nearly 10 now, and happy at their forever home.

A friend had to move into an apartment that didn't allow pit bulls, and I took care of her for about 18 months. She was amazing to have around. Probably the most well mannered and well trained dogs I've had.

I currently have two 3yo male Australian Shepherds (a tri-black and blue merle). I always see them chewing in the yard, but now I'm numb to it. Rope, wood, rubber balls, screen, bugs, and lord only knows what else.

You should see the insane things my dog eats. I have a 55# Australian Shepherd,