uniqs

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Call of Duty: Ghosts vs. Killzone: Shadow Fall

Hi guys. I just got a PS4 for Christmas, and I'm trying to decide between Call of Duty: Ghosts (CoD), or Killzone: Shadow Fall (KZ), and really would like your opinions and reasons why.

I've played CoD games before in the past (Black Ops, and MW3), and wasn't really crazy about them. Never really got into the single player campaign, and the online multiplayer just seemed overwhelming and uninteresting to me; plus every iteration of CoD just seems like the same old thing but reskinned with a bump in graphics and a few new features (but to be fair, not having played every single CoD game, I could be wrong).

I've never played a Killzone game before, so on this one I had to go to the review boards and Shadow Fall seemed to get pretty good reviews.

That being said, I wanted to turn to you guys and see what your opinions were on this. Thanks!

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

I would say if you never liked the CoD games before, the new one isn't that much different so it's a safe bet you wouldn't be crazy about it. KZ seems like it's good, but I don't have it so I can't tell you if it's worth it or not. BF4 is a lot of fun on PS4 if you don't have it already though.

SixSpeed
join:2001-12-24
USA

SixSpeed to Alpha Phoenix

to Alpha Phoenix
As far as online play goes, Ghosts is the worst COD in the series, it plays like crap.

Mastr Blastr
Born 2 Rock
Premium Member
join:2003-10-20
Hartford, KY

Mastr Blastr to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
I would agree about Battlefield 4. It's my favorite.

Frossty
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06

Frossty to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
If your a PS+ member you can actually try out Killzone this weekend only (multiplayer only) That way you can see if you like the shooting, and the mechanics etc since its online only.

I'd wait for this weekend and then decide especially since you know how CoD plays. You can actually preload Killzone right now and when friday comes play it right away.

Agrees with others though BF4 is where it's at for MP.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

I actually decided to keep Killzone. My past experiences with CoD didn't blow me away, and when i started checking out comparison reviews of the two games pitted against each other, the overwhelming response from gamers was Killzone was better. As a matter of fact, a lot of the gamers' responses seemed to indicate that CoD was feeling aged and tired now, and it just seems like they keep churning out the same old thing game after game, with only some tweaks and changes here or there.

My wife got me the PS34 for Christmas, but she bought it as a bundle pack that included Killzone: Shadow Fall, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Knack, and Angry Birds Star Wars.

I'm not really interested in Cod, Angry Birds, or Knack, so she asked me to try and sell them and just give her the money back to offset the purchase price of the bundle. The games are still brand new, unopened, and sealed, so I'd like to get her as much as possible for each game. I checked GameStop but they don't buy new games that are unopened. My local video game store tried to severely undercut me, so she wasn't pleased with that. Anybody got any suggestions on how best to sell these 3 games and get the best price that I possibly can for them?

chadrob30
Howdy
Premium Member
join:2002-04-24
Fort Smith, AR

chadrob30 to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
Craigslist or eBay...

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin to Alpha Phoenix

Mod

to Alpha Phoenix
I don't know how you can think cod without first considering bf4

most bf issues are settled and Dice can start work on polishing. It's as much fun after 50 hours as it was at the start. Lots of good bf players moved up from cod but none vice versa.

I played the killzone multiplayer trial the other day and it felt all wrong with weird floaty movement, choppy character animation and rag doll stuff, weird one pallet color design, bizarrely over fussy levels that feel cramped.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

I don't have BF4, that's why. My wife got me the PS4 for Christmas, and it was a bundle pack that she bought which included CoD: Ghosts, Killzone, Angry Birds Star Wars, and Knack. KZ seems like the only one out of those that I would play, so I was going to try to sell the other 3 games for as much as I can as per her request, and give her the money back in order to help offset a bit of the cost. No use having the games just sitting there and I'm not going to play them. If I were buying a game, then I might consider BF4.

TSI James
TSI James
Premium Member
join:2008-02-22

TSI James to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
Hey Alpha,

I actually own KZ: Shadow Fall and the MP is great and the game looks amazing. Funny enough I am also a BF vet, except for this year.

BF was so rushed that the game hasn't worked at all since launch and customers of BF are nothing more than Beta Testers. I heard BF was rushed to beat COD out of the gate, and backfired.

Apparently accurate as of December 20, Killzone: Shadow Fall has sold about one million copies since it’s release on the PlayStation 4...since youi cannot get it on PC or Xbone, that means that just under half of all PS4 users own this game.

This years KZ is awesome, and nice change of pace of the same old COD and buggy BF.

It is worth the look.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

I started playing KZ and I am really not feeling it at all. Don't know why, but the enemies seems to blend in too much with the colors of the environment, and I don't really care for the overall feel of the game. Maybe I just have to put more time into it and it will hook me. Hopefully...