spc
Search similar:

uniqs

DaveX82
@comcast.net

DaveX82

Anon

Nooo

I just switched to T-mo at the iPhone 5s launch to get away from sprint. 3G never worked in a year would imidiatly drop to "O" and LTE wouldn't open a page with full bars on 2 different phones. Capacity in houston sucks

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme

Premium Member

Sprint is horrid in Houston. I tried them a while back when I was considering moving my hotspot service from Verizon to them because it was cheaper. Ended up staying with Verizon. Sprints network in Houston, Dallas and most areas in between has more holes in it than a spaghetti strainer! I was constantly loosing service or dropping to 1x. Where I did get LTE it was not much faster than their 3G, sometimes slower.

I currently have my iPhone 5 on AT&T and they have the best service and speeds in the Houston and Dallas areas. I have tried T-Mobile and they are fine in the cities, but not if you go out into more rural areas a lot, like I do. I will probably be moving my hotspot from Verizon to At&t when the contract is up.

I really do hope Sprint is not allowed to take over and destroy T-Mobile, like they did with Nextel.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by ilikeme:

Sprint is horrid in Houston.

You will be happy to know that Houston just had a very large acceptance of 800 spectrum cell sites signed off on, and this includes LTE on 800. This should make the swiss cheese coverage comment largely not true anymore. This market is actually one of the first in the country and is being watched closely by the rest of us elsewhere. These will be active for connections in the very near term. I would expect a press release soon. Obviously you would need a tri band phone though.
criggs
join:2000-07-14
New York, NY

criggs

said by swintec:

You will be happy to know that Houston just had a very large acceptance of 800 spectrum cell sites signed off on, and this includes LTE on 800.

Promises, promises. Why is it that with Sprint it always seems to be a case of "Yeah, we suck but wow, wait until tomorrow?"
xenophon
join:2007-09-17

xenophon to swintec

to swintec
The difficult thing for Sprint will be that even after they complete the rollout and fill in gaps with 800, they've pissed off so may that it will take years to recover from those who had bad experience. I personally get 6-20M up to 30 on Sprint and have no issues with them but it's a tough road during the upgrade process.
xenophon

xenophon to criggs

to criggs
According to this, Sprint is indeed improving in NYC and keeping up with Verizon. Take a look at the jump recently...
»www.netindex.com/downloa ··· k/?tab=1

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to criggs

Premium Member

to criggs
said by criggs:

said by swintec:

You will be happy to know that Houston just had a very large acceptance of 800 spectrum cell sites signed off on, and this includes LTE on 800.

Promises, promises. Why is it that with Sprint it always seems to be a case of "Yeah, we suck but wow, wait until tomorrow?"

Well, i guess I shouldnt say they will be fantastic once Houston is 800 activated because no one has really used Sprint LTE on the 800 spectrum yet. There are a few markets, the big one is Houston that has, for the past 2 weeks or so, had many towers signed off as 800 complete in bulk. There is an internal sprint deadline coming soon for this which is the reason for the push.

I have seen and used voice on the 800 spectrum, personally, with a custom PRL and the distance it travels is insane. Since this is the "coverage filler" spectrum they will be using, I think it will be of great use in that regard.