spc
Search similar:

uniqs
grantsa4
join:2007-08-15
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

Universal remotes for Ultra TV

Does anyone know if there are any universal remotes that work well with Ultra TV?
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH

Body Count

Logitech 300 and the Logitech One both work great. I use them both.
lesmikesell
join:2013-06-10
Mount Prospect, IL

lesmikesell to grantsa4

to grantsa4
Any of the Logitech/Harmony remotes where you download the codes from their online site should work. Note that the 300 is 'just' a remote, though. It doesn't do macros where pushing the device button automatically turns things on and switches to the right inputs like the other harmony models would.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to grantsa4

Premium Member

to grantsa4
I use the Harmony One without any issues.

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

Harmony200 and 300 for me.
ray2
join:2004-01-15
Des Plaines, IL

ray2 to grantsa4

to grantsa4
ok i got a logitech harmony 300 what i use to put into the software dan i want to set mine up what i put in software to see boxes thanks dan if can replay some might want to know as well thanks
Body Count
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count to lesmikesell

to lesmikesell
said by lesmikesell:

Any of the Logitech/Harmony remotes where you download the codes from their online site should work. Note that the 300 is 'just' a remote, though. It doesn't do macros where pushing the device button automatically turns things on and switches to the right inputs like the other harmony models would.

it actually can turn multiple devices on and off with one button press. it can't change inputs though. four devices total. well worth it.

my harmony one can do everything the 300 can plus macro inputs for my TV and AV receiver. but I don't like the touch screen and it's slow at times in changing inputs.
Body Count

Body Count to ray2

to ray2
said by ray2:

ok i got a logitech harmony 300 what i use to put into the software dan i want to set mine up what i put in software to see boxes thanks dan if can replay some might want to know as well thanks

Arris MP2000

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

usa2k to grantsa4

MVM

to grantsa4
said by Body Count:

Arris MP2000

Exactly. Read the model number on the device. Setup using MyHarmony.com. A couple buttons you may need to hand program (Easy)
lesmikesell
Mount Prospect, IL

lesmikesell to Body Count

to Body Count
I returned a 300 when I found out it couldn't switch inputs because I have a fairly complicated setup - but later got a 650 and like it. However, after getting the ultra TV system and setting up a DLNA server with most of my other content I find that I don't switch to the other devices that often anymore - and end up just using the media player's remote which is programmed to control the receiver audio and power on the receiver/tv.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to Body Count

Premium Member

to Body Count
said by Body Count:

Arris MP2000

There are two different model media players out there currently. I don't believe the remote codes are any different though. The media players with the blue clock are MP2000's. If your media player has a white clock on the front, it's the MP2150.
lesmikesell
Mount Prospect, IL

lesmikesell

said by Just_Dan:

There are two different model media players out there currently. I don't believe the remote codes are any different though. The media players with the blue clock are MP2000's. If your media player has a white clock on the front, it's the MP2150.

So someone finally realized that you can't see that blue clock even on the brightest setting? I actually put a small alarm clock with red numerals next to mine to have something I could read.
Body Count
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
said by Just_Dan:

Other than the white clock, is there any other difference between the two? And I'm glad they stopped making the blue clock. Can't see it clearly in the dark. Didn't they test that before production?

Just_Dan
Premium Member
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

said by Body Count:

Other than the white clock, is there any other difference between the two? And I'm glad they stopped making the blue clock. Can't see it clearly in the dark. Didn't they test that before production?

The clock is white, the front buttons are now touch buttons instead of physical buttons, and I believe it has SOME support for RF remotes. That's about all I know is different about them.
Body Count
Columbus, OH

Body Count

Nothing worth calling about to get them to switch mine then. I was hoping it was faster with the channel guide or updated firmware.