Search similar:

uniqs
ylafont
join:2013-12-26
usa

1 recommendation

ylafont

SBG6580 firmware

I am wondering if someone can direct my to the correct process of where is can download the latest firmware for this device. I currently have SBG6580-3.5.8.2-GA-01-488-01-NOSH and have experience many issues. One in particular is that the router does not save DHCP Reservations. Then there is the loss of connection i experience from time to time.

I have contacted Time Warner and they say to contact Arris,

I contacted Arris, and they say to contact Time Warner. Yada, Yada, Yada

thanks in advance.

Yada_Yada
@comcast.net

1 recommendation

Yada_Yada

Anon

Yada, Yada, Yada indeed; it is a familiar runaround when dealing with TWC if you don't rent your modem from TWC.

The DOCSIS standard does not allow user installable firmware; only the ISP can push firmware to a DOCSIS compliant modem.

TWC must get the firmware from the manufacturer, and push it to the modem, but TWC has a history of refusing to push firmware to user owned modems.

Yada, Yada, Yada.
ylafont
join:2013-12-26
usa

1 recommendation

ylafont

What crap is this!

I guess is we suffer and are force to pay their fees! Yada, Yada, Yada!

Finnnnnnnnng Bastards!

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

1 recommendation

mackey to Yada_Yada

Premium Member

to Yada_Yada
said by Yada_Yada :

but TWC has a history of refusing to push firmware to user owned modems.

I'm not a fan of TWC, but that's just false. TWC has a history of being a few versions behind what everyone else is deploying, but when they do get around to it they update rented and customer owned modems alike and at the same time. They also stagger the deployment by region; I know NYC just recently got the update for the 6141's that us here in SoCal got months ago.

/M