Search similar:

uniqs

M A R S
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Long Island

M A R S

Premium Member

[Praise] USPS Doing good for me this year.

Done a lot of selling and buying online mostly eBay. USPS never let me down.

They have stepped it up a lot. Shipping always on time and all of the items i have shipped arrived when they said it would. I found the flat rates to work out great for me and the free insurance up to $50 is mint. I have a local 24/7 post office that works out nice for me. I can drop stuff off late at night and the tracking is live by 8AM and updates come promptly.

UPS has been always been a drag at my house many times a day late. And they cost is more. And they guy is always late to my home, after 7PM many times, one time even 830PM! And never before 5PM. If i need to act faster i go to the local UPS store and i often feel like im over charged but i know the stuff if picked up faster. Tacking sometimes never updates and the item is at my door.

FedEx is a Joke. Always a run around when picking up or dropping off. Boxes come dented up. Dude not knocking on door and taking off. Lame. spotty tracking info that's a hit or miss.

Years back i was DONE with the post office but they seriously have improved a lot. Now if they could get my local office running better that would be very nice.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

Robotics

Premium Member

They have been good for me also. Not one complaint other than only one person working at the front desk at my local Post Office. Always on time, and tracking actually works 97% of the time. They don't seem to bang up packages as much as the others either. I'm very happy doing business with them.

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium Member
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA

jadinolf to M A R S

Premium Member

to M A R S
I've been doing business with them for 73 years and have had only one complaint. Not bad for being with them all these years.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to M A R S

Premium Member

to M A R S
USPS and FedEX have been fine around here. UPS seems to be the only one with issues.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by ilikeme:

USPS and FedEX have been fine around here. UPS seems to be the only one with issues.

I think that UPS bean-counters either did too many cutbacks, and/or did not expand enough for increased volume.

Now it comes back to bite them.

Our UPS guy (residential) usually comes to the house after 7 PM even during non-holiday periods.
PX Eliezer1

PX Eliezer1 to Robotics

Premium Member

to Robotics
said by Robotics:

They have been good for me also. Not one complaint other than only one person working at the front desk at my local Post Office.

I know a lot of USPS employees, good folks.

But management has cut back too much.

Always a line at my local PO now, just one guy working where there used to be 2-3.

The guy who is usually there is a wizard. He does it fast and efficiently, like one of those traffic cops who practically does ballet in the street. But this can't keep up forever.

Sometimes I have been at the PO and they run out of stamps!!

I found out recently that our PO no longer has a postmaster---she's shared from a nearby town. And neither of the two offices is a small one....

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed to ilikeme

MVM

to ilikeme
said by ilikeme:

Nope - FedEx had issues as well - weather affects all shippers not just one. They may not have had an issue where you are but they had them this year along with the others.

M A R S
Premium Member
Long Island

M A R S

Premium Member

Click for full size
I'm having an issue with FedEx now, the guy i bought the item from told me he dropped it off on the 22nd, it has to come to here on Long Island.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

said by M A R S:

the guy i bought the item from told me he dropped it off on the 22nd

Looks to me like he printed the shipping info on the 22nd (do you really believe he dropped it off on Sunday?) but Fed Ex didn't receive the actual package until the 24th.

M A R S
Premium Member
Long Island

M A R S

Premium Member

Yeah, he should have done it Monday. I often print labels and drop them off at the 24/7 PO by me. One of the reasons i made this topic. I drop it off on a Sunday and its on its way Monday

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega to M A R S

Premium Member

to M A R S
A positive USPS post? I am astonished!

M A R S
Premium Member
Long Island

M A R S

Premium Member

As for my fedex shipment, its still has not moved or updated.

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Cincinnati, OH

hitachi369

Premium Member

If I recall correctly Fed Ex works Tueday-Saturday. Tuesday would have been there first business day.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

FedEx Express: Monday to Friday

FedEx Home Delivery (previously "Ground"): Tuesday-Saturday

FedEx SmartPost: Monday-Saturday delivery through the USPS
PX Eliezer1

PX Eliezer1 to M A R S

Premium Member

to M A R S
said by M A R S:

Done a lot of selling and buying online mostly eBay. USPS never let me down.

'Round here yesterday, a USPS mail carrier almost lost his truck to a river overflowing, but he kept the mail dry, and after being rescued he finished his route!

Joe didn't call it a day after his rescue. His postmaster bought him dry boots and sweat pants and the young carrier finished his mail route.

"It's the post office. We do what we got to do," Sposito said.

»abclocal.go.com/wabc/sto ··· =9380871