uniqs
share rss forum feed

Msradell
P.E.
Premium
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY
reply to cknowles

Re: Not able to watch channels on new tv.

said by cknowles:

We have been told that we can't because it's a bulk community and they a one person that handles our community. I have brighthouse.

You probably need to contact that person then and have them get the problem fixed.

My guess is that your cable system, like most others, has converted many of the channels to digital from the old analog signals. Even if your television is "cable ready" you may need to have a cable box.

You also sure you have the receiver section of the television set to CATV and have you done a channel scan after resetting it to that as mentioned earlier? The new televisions have become much more complicated for a variety of reasons.

cknowles

join:2013-12-27
Bradenton, FL
reply to John Galt
I have a cable system, e320

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to cknowles
Have you run the channel scan for catv?

It appears that some cable systems cause issues for vizios and the fix seems to be to disconnect the coax from the tv and run the cable tv scan (should be quick) and then re-connect the coax and run the cable tv scan again (should take some time).

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to cknowles
We do have a BrightHouse forum here. You might want to ask to have your topic moved there. That forum should be able to help you or at least point you in the right direction.

»Bright House Networks

And welcome to the site.

cknowles

Bradenton, FL
reply to Cabal
We have been told that we can't because it's a bulk community and they a one person that handles our community. I have brighthouse.

Cabal
Premium
join:2007-01-21
reply to cknowles
Call your cable company.

cknowles

Bradenton, FL

1 recommendation

reply to cknowles
It's a regular cable system, with a cable line and the tv model is e320

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8
reply to cknowles
Are you on a cable system, or do you receive over-the-air signals via an antenna?

Also, what is the exact model set you have...

cknowles

Bradenton, FL
Hello, I just recently bought a new tv for the bedroom and its a vizo 32. We have never had problems with getting any channels and now some of the channels we can't get. It will show either no signal or it will show what's on the channel and then go off. We do not use a box and we are in a bulk community in manatee county. We also do not have an hdmi cable, as tree is no place for it. Any suggestions on how to get the channels?