All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

TorGuyAlso
@lessnetworking.net

TorGuyAlso to jmck

Anon

to jmck

Re: What personally identified data, if any, does TSI store in the US?

said by jmck:

said by TorGuyAlso :

said by TSIer :

hi Marc. For how long do you store logs (log retention policy) before erasing them? Can not find exact terms anywhere... Is there a difference for log retention on metered accounts versus unlimited?

Thx

Last time I asked (few months ago), a TSI tech said that IP lease log is kept for about a week, but often they get cleared earlier for various reasons.

BTW, nice to see another fellow Tor user here on DSLr.

this is false i believe and somewhat illegal i think.

Then what is the legal prerequisite on how long to keep IP lease logs? (btw, is it provincially mandated to federally?)

MooseANonny
@btcentralplus.com

MooseANonny

Anon

There is no legally mandated requirement to keep logs.

None whatsoever.

It was confirmed by a user here during the first issues with Voltage, after consultations w a wide variety of Canadian administrative bodies.

ISP's keep logs of varying lengths for their own purposes only.

Naive
@rr.com

Naive

Anon

Why do you people persist when it is now a known fact that the US Government accesses whatever they please whenever they please.

Are you still so naive, that the fact you are not in the US, somehow makes you and your country a non-participant?

Legality under any and all laws is irrelevant.

Spying has no rules nor boundaries nor country of origin.

This is real folks, not an Agatha Christie mystery.

moovyguy
join:2004-05-10
Ottawa & PSL

moovyguy

To both Naïve and the OP, if this is so much of a concern and knowing in the end how little power we have to do anything about it while still being active online, there really is no choice but to either accept what you cannot change, or simply unplug and be happy with that.