All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

Borderlands 2

Is simply amazing. I'm only 6 hours in but am hooked.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Nice. I enjoyed the first, but only on one play through. It kind of lost its zest after that.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to Cat5

to Cat5
If you aren't already you need to get a group together and play, that makes it so much more fun. GREAT game for a lan party.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
It's awesome, I played the first one to death, and hope to finish the second one... one day... like when my kids go to university.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
I think I logged 180 hours before burning out. It is pretty fun.
22872548 (banned)
join:2013-12-24
pakistan

22872548 (banned) to Cat5

to Cat5
Yeah i heard the siren girl is good and the axton dude. and i heard zero runs out of bullets fast and is only good with snipers. can you help me confirm all these and advice on the best character to pick.thanks

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

I ran a siren healer for group and it's fun.

Zero is a sniper or melee guy.

Never tried Axton.

The gunslinger is kind of neat but boring.

I hate playing the psycho. you attack yourself 6 times out of ten.
me1212
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to 22872548

to 22872548
Fire rate is determined by gun not character.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
said by Mike:

I hate playing the psycho. you attack yourself 6 times out of ten.

Hehe, that's only if you pick up that talent. Many melee builds for him ignore it. I, however, love it as it helps to kick in your end tree talent more often and the the sheer amount of melee damage increase you get out of it.

Cat5

Cat5 to 22872548

to 22872548
said by 22872548:

Yeah i heard the siren girl is good and the axton dude. and i heard zero runs out of bullets fast and is only good with snipers. can you help me confirm all these and advice on the best character to pick.thanks

I've not played them all personally as in order to get a decent feel for a character, you need to be able to spec down the trees. However I did a bit of research before I started and the general consensus is there is no best character. Each character feels slightly different so it's what playstyle you enjoy which matters. This is compounded by there being trees and class mods which make each of the 6 characters also have a good 3-4 different playstyles.
Cat5

Cat5

I'm still going to be a while off completion (level 20 and doing side missions around the level 18 mark) but what is the best route to take with regards to DLC and playthroughs?

The original Borderlands was badly balanced in that by the time I did playthrough 1 and the DLC (other than 2) I stupidly outgeared playthrough 2. I don't want to run into the same issue again.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

You'll stupidly outgear the first few areas of your second playthrough, but not by much as you won't make it past 36 (at the most), even with all of the DLC.

As for playing through the DLCs, it does not matter what order that you play them. Though, I would recommend not playing through Tiny Tina's until you beat the game once (it has quite a few spoilers about the main storyline).

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
Man...the same thing happened to me on BL2 as in the first one. I LOVE the game, it's a blast, but (and I know I can't believe I'm complaining about too much choice) the sheer amount of weapons just gets overwhelming to me, and I'm OCD enough to want to always check weapon shops to see inventory, which means comparing every damn gun I find to what I'm using to see if it's better, etc until I finally just burn myself out by spending more time comparing than I do playing, plus the limited-ish inventory (in relation to how much loot you get) just drove me and my OCD over the edge.

The comparison tool needs to be redone or something so it's more clear as to what weapons do what, as straight numbers that they give don't always convey the truth about the weapon, good and bad.

Cat5

Cat5 to Goggalor

to Goggalor
Thanks. I'm almost 22 and still doing side quests at roughly halfway through the story so I won't worry.

RockCake
Premium Member
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA

RockCake to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
I started out with Axton, got to about level 30. Once I started playing the Mechromancer (Gaige), she quickly became my favorite. I love having the robot going on killing sprees for me, and the shield boost is a bonus.
Get the DLC levels if you haven't already, they're a lot of fun too. I'm working on Captain Scarlett at the moment..

Cat5

Cat5

said by RockCake:

I started out with Axton, got to about level 30. Once I started playing the Mechromancer (Gaige), she quickly became my favorite. I love having the robot going on killing sprees for me, and the shield boost is a bonus.
Get the DLC levels if you haven't already, they're a lot of fun too. I'm working on Captain Scarlett at the moment..

I got all the content DLC via GOTY edition and I bought the 2nd Upgrade pack and the 3 headhunter packs. It's only the skins I'm missing.

I'm a siren, currently level 27, about 3/4 through the story, but I am doing all side missions on the first playthrough so will end up overgearing the second run through by a fair margin. I will only delve into the DLC after that.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Cat5:

said by RockCake:

I got all the content DLC via GOTY edition and I bought the 2nd Upgrade pack and the 3 headhunter packs. It's only the skins I'm missing.

I'm a siren, currently level 27, about 3/4 through the story, but I am doing all side missions on the first playthrough so will end up overgearing the second run through by a fair margin. I will only delve into the DLC after that.

Trust me, you won't over gear your second run through. And then after that, if you attempt an Ultimate Vault Hunter play through, you'll get wrecked constantly.

I quit when I got about 1/4 way through UVH. Until you get some legendary shields and weapons, enemies will just two shot you constantly.
me1212
Lees Summit, MO

me1212

I've only been able to beat UVHM with mult-player. Maybe we should try to get a DSLR BL2 team up so people can actually beat uvhm.

Cat5

Cat5

said by me1212:

I've only been able to beat UVHM with mult-player. Maybe we should try to get a DSLR BL2 team up so people can actually beat uvhm.

I'd be up for it if the EU/US time zone thing worked out. Still only level 27 though so I'm a long way off UVHM. Pondering a secondary character for online play at a later date though.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Cat5

MVM

to Cat5
My cousin and I are playing this game. We are at level 18 or so and its a blast. Going through the first playthrough of the game right now. Invested 20 hours into the game so far. For $22 that I paid for it on sale, its a good deal.

Cat5

Cat5

said by Nightfall:

My cousin and I are playing this game. We are at level 18 or so and its a blast. Going through the first playthrough of the game right now. Invested 20 hours into the game so far. For $22 that I paid for it on sale, its a good deal.

I'll be honest, it is one of the very few games which can justify it's price tag at launch and for it's DLC. After playing Borderlands I was all set to jump on 2 when it launched but Blizzard decided to release Mists of Pandaria at almost the exact same time. As WoW is more "here and now" I stuck with that, and waited for the GOTY sale.

I'm 36 hours in, level 27, and I've still barely scratched the surface. It'd be nice to try the assassin, the gunzerker and the mechromancer (I'm siren) but quite when I'll get chance is beyond me. You have True VH Mode, then the DLC then Ultimate VH mode, it's just insane. Admitedly I have done all side quests on the first run through, which I won't on subsequent runs / characters, but it's still a hefty chunk of time.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

I hear you cat666. My cousin and I are in the same boat. We are doing a lot of the side missions too. When we do the 2nd playthrough, we won't hit the side missions very hard at all. I think we will probably get another 40-60 hours out of this game before we get tired of it.

Cat5

Cat5

said by Nightfall:

I hear you cat666. My cousin and I are in the same boat. We are doing a lot of the side missions too. When we do the 2nd playthrough, we won't hit the side missions very hard at all. I think we will probably get another 40-60 hours out of this game before we get tired of it.

It also makes sense not to do some side missions on the 2nd playthrough as the rewards scale to your level. I currently rock a corrosive pistol from a Tiny Tina side quest reward but if I do it on the second playthrough it will scale to my low level. Therefore I'll wait until I'm 50, do it then and get the better version.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

Good point. I will remember that.
me1212
Lees Summit, MO

me1212

It only scales to level 50, for more than that you have to be in UVHM.

I've got over 200 hours in and am on my third character, this game is very addictive.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

If anyone is playing a Gunzerker, one of the best off-hand zerk weapons is from Tiny Tina's: the quest where you have to acquire dwarf beards by getting them drunk and leading to a smasher rewards you with Moxxi's Slippery (Something) that gives a bunch of life steal.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Cat5

MVM

to Cat5
When is everyone using their golden keys? I found a website that has all the codes and I put the codes in to redeem a bunch of golden keys. I used one at level 18 but am hesitant to use more until I get to a higher level. Smart move?
me1212
Lees Summit, MO

me1212

If you don't mind exploiting glitches it doesnt matter.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by me1212:

I haven't been in a situation where I have needed to do this.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Nightfall:

said by me1212:

I haven't been in a situation where I have needed to do this.

Obtaining codes off a website for golden keys is essentially an exploit.