uniqs

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

[Other] Asus RT N56U router

I bought a used Asus RT N56U router to test and play around with. It worked ok before I started. I flashed it to a dwart firmware but did like like it. I followed the instructions on restoring it back. That did not work out so I found on the Internet how to clear every thing out and reinstall the ASUS firmware. That really made it worse because I get this now. I have rebooted the modem router and the computer a couple of time with no luck. This the message I get now.

Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-N65U.
To access the settings of RT-N65U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number.

Is there a way to to find the IP address?

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

Check what your gateway is and that will be your IP Address.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

The router ip address to get to the settings is 192.168.1.1 but when I enter that ip I get what is listed below. Looks like the ip was changed. I was wondering if in the command window would list the ip address.

Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-N65U.
To access the settings of RT-N65U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

Try turning the router off and on. I recall I had a similar issue with my RT-N66u and turning it off and back on worked. Mine had a power button, check if yours does too.

If all fails, hit the reset button?
Robert

Robert to Caddyroger

Premium Member

to Caddyroger
Also, try using the the Discovery Program from Asus to detect the IP Address:

»dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASU ··· very.zip