spc
uniqs

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to DannyZ

to DannyZ

Re: [Appliances] Sharing My 99.95 Dishwasher Lesson

I want to really stay on topic, but isn't there any alternatives to using products with phosphates? It's been a huge problem for treatment plants, lakes, and waterways. I can completely relate to the current dishwasher cleaners not being very good, but surely recommending the use of phosphates is counter-productive.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

Reread my earlier post
iknow_t
join:2012-05-03

iknow_t to shinjuru

to shinjuru
said by shinjuru:

I want to really stay on topic, but isn't there any alternatives to using products with phosphates? It's been a huge problem for treatment plants, lakes, and waterways. I can completely relate to the current dishwasher cleaners not being very good, but surely recommending the use of phosphates is counter-productive.

hard water leaves a film, and calcium and other deposits, this is why you get spots on dishes and glasses and over time can clog the jets in the arms. using a water softener is one step.

Booost
@optonline.net

2 recommendations

Booost to shinjuru

Anon

to shinjuru
Residential dishwashers were never a real problem regarding phosphates. Just a scapegoat. The big source is agriculture. Also given that restaurants can still use phosphates should give you a clue that it's nothing to lose sleep over.