uniqs

Pjr
Don't Panic
join:2005-12-11
UK

Pjr to Domane

to Domane

Re: [Auto] Michael Schumacher, ex-F1 champion, critical after ski fall

That doesn't sound good but hopefully all these rumours are wrong. Only those treating him know and they are keeping quiet.

In the past hour his manager said

"Unfortunately I have to repeat that any information regarding Michael's health not coming from the doctors treating him or from his management must be treated as pure speculation,"

Pjr

Pjr

French doctors work to bring Schumacher out of coma

Doctors treating injured Formula 1 legend Michael Schumacher are reducing his sedation to prepare to bring him out of a coma, his manager says.

I can't begin to imagine how his family are feeling.

Domane
Premium Member
join:2013-04-18

Domane

Premium Member

About 24 hours or so ago "insiders" where saying that what you described was going to happen but the manager denied it. Now, obviously it appears to be true.

Unfortunately, it may take a very long time for him to wake up, even years and possibly never. If he does wake up then there is the issue of what permanent damage or changes have occurred to him.

Even under the best of circumstances there is a long road ahead. Hopefully for all the process the medical team is starting will eventually result in an optimal result.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Update looks good

»www.sportsnet.ca/auto-ra ··· uctions/

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed to ZZZZZZZ

MVM

to ZZZZZZZ

Supposedly the family said there are some small signs he is coming out of the coma but with more and more time - it is becoming a lot more doubtful he will wake up OR be anything near normal..

Pjr
Don't Panic
UK

Pjr

I heard that too but it sounded like they were clutching at straws

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

said by Pjr:

I heard that too but it sounded like they were clutching at straws

Agreed....

»uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/n ··· -f1.html
quote:
Doctors are still trying to wake up Schumacher from his coma, three months after he suffered a devastating skiing accident in the South of France.

The process of trying to bring him out of his medically induced coma has now entered its eight week and the duration of the process is a very bad sign according to Formula 1's former chief doctor Dr Gary Hartstein.

"As time goes on it becomes less and less likely that Michael will emerge to any significant extent," he wrote on his personal blog.

Dr Harstein was Formula One's chief medic between 2005 and 2012 and is now a clinical professor of emergency medicine at the University of Liege Hospital in Belgium.

He has been interpreting Schmacher's likely condition for fans since the crash and is now starting to ask serious questions about how the star was treated.

"I think that serious lapses in judgement were evident during Michael's initial management (I have this from usually impeccable sources who have access to this information)," he wrote.

Pjr
Don't Panic
UK

Pjr

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed to ZZZZZZZ

MVM

to ZZZZZZZ
quote:
Doctors are still trying to wake up Schumacher from his coma, three months after he suffered a devastating brain injury in a skiing accident in the French resort of Meribel.

The process of trying to bring him out of his medically-induced coma is now in its eighth week, and the duration of the process is leading to fears that Schumacher will never recover.

However, Schumacher's wife Corrina hopes that by spending a fraction of the family's £500m fortune, it will at least allow him to continue his treatment at their £25m estate on Lake Geneva.

Domane
Premium Member

Domane

Premium Member

Sadly the fact that his wife is spending approximately 20 million dollars to build a state of the art medical care facility at their home for Schumacher to be transferred to all most guarantees that is where he will eventually die without ever waking up. If he ever does regain any level of consciousness it is most likely he will not be very functional or retain the essence of who Michael Schumacher was.

It would not surprise me to see legal action against medical personnel in France by the Schumacher family down the road.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

updated...........showing positive signs

»www.telegraph.co.uk/spor ··· ent.html

Soho97UK
Premium Member
join:2004-08-18
UK

Soho97UK to Domane

Premium Member

to Domane

said by Domane:

It would not surprise me to see legal action against medical personnel in France ...

What facts are you basing that on?

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

The dr who said there were mistakes very early in his care. Supposedly had proof as well.

Soho97UK
Premium Member
join:2004-08-18
UK

Soho97UK

Premium Member

So that's the blog post from Hartstein? He explains his comments here, and clearly states -

I don't have sufficient facts of any kind, and it's neither my job, my business, nor my intention to question the individual medical care provided by my colleagues.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

I did not see it in any blog - sounds like he is backing off on his supposed comments.
CylonRed

CylonRed to ZZZZZZZ

MVM

to ZZZZZZZ
It has been reported that michael is at home and "out" of the coma...

Pjr
Don't Panic
UK

Pjr

BBC Radio were saying he was at home but the BBC website says he's been transferred to a hospital in Switzerland. Wherever he now is it is encouraging news that he's well enough to be moved but the lack of any specific news about his health isn't good.

I can only assume he's got a very long fight ahead of him
Pjr

Pjr to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
Michael Schumacher 'medical data offered for sale'

Unbelievable.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

That's just ridiculous... But it begs the question, who would buy them and what would be the benefit?

This isn't a Hollywood TMZ rumor about Kardashians, Bieber and such filth...

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

A tabloid in europe where f one is so much more popular. Though I doubt the records are genuine at least I hope.

Domane
Premium Member

Domane

Premium Member

The stolen records story as "reported" by the Brits, Aussies, and Yanks.

»www.bbc.com/news/world-e ··· 27988747

»www.independent.co.uk/ne ··· 055.html

»online.wsj.com/articles/ ··· 03603260

»www.smh.com.au/world/for ··· jlb.html

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed to Domane

MVM

to Domane
'newest' update by son:

quote:
The update on Schumacher’s medical condition was provided by Mick, who is a kart-racing driver, via French F1 commentator Jean-Louis Moncet.

The commentator told Europe 1 radio station that he had been given the update by Mick regarding the 45-year-old’s health.

"I saw his son and he told me that Schumi is waking up very slowly; very slowly,” Moncet told Europe 1.

"Although things are going at a slow pace, he has a lot of time, I would say he has his whole life in front of him to get back on track."

The 69-year-old broadcaster also shed new light on the manner in which Schumacher was injured when he fell and hit a rock in the French Alps on December 29.

"The problem for Michael was not the hit, but the mounting of the Go-Pro camera that he had on his helmet that injured his brain," Moncet explained to the radio station.

Pjr
Don't Panic
UK

Pjr

Michael Schumacher: Injured ex-F1 driver makes 'progress'
quote:
A doctor who treated Michael Schumacher for nearly six months after his brain injury in a skiing accident says the F1 champion has made "some progress".

But Jean-Francois Payen, a doctor at the French hospital in Grenoble where he was treated, warned that any recovery would take time.

The typical convalescence period was one to three years, he suggested