Expand your moderator at work

dbamber

join:2003-02-07
Bandon, OR
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
·CenturyLink
reply to Jack_in_VA

Re: [Electrical] Re: Coincidence or ?????

Jack in Va: Here in Arizona most of the circuit breakers are located OUTSIDE in the same cabinet as the meter. BTW the circuit breaker panel is not sealed, and can be easily opened. It was a bit of a culture shock for me when we moved here, and saw this. I was told that it is done this way for safety concerns.

dbamber

Bandon, OR
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
·CenturyLink
reply to AsherN
Why is going up my front porch stairs to my front door any different than going up my basement stairs to knock on my door to tell us that they were going to change the meter? The supervisor told me that the service crew had our phone #, so why didn't they call us? I acknowledge that our microwave/convection oven failure, dishwasher failure is very coincidental, but these units had been trouble free for 3 to 8 years without incident, and then this occurred. BTW, when the DTV tech came out to redo our DVR's, wiring etc, he told me that he had seen their equipment failing this in multiple houses after the meters had been swapped out. Again, is this coincidence or????

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to dbamber

Re: [Electrical] Coincidence or ?????

If you opened a ticket / logged a complaint immediately afterward, I think you'd have a better shot at getting reimbursed for some of the issues. I may be mistaken but most utilities have a department that handles this through insurance companies they engage.

If that wasn't resolved, I think you'd have enough documentation that if you filed a small claims case against them they might just settle to avoid dragging it out but I am not a lawyer and you should consult a real lawyer before taking such a route.
--
Add a signature here

dbamber

Bandon, OR
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
·CenturyLink
As I stated earlier it took 3 170+ mile round trips to the Gilbert, Az Applestore to finally get the issue with the iMac resolved. The computer was replaced on Dec. 20, 2013. I did open a claim with the local APS office in person within an hour of the "incident". After the dishwasher failure on Nov. 30th, and the microwave magnetron failure on the 24th of Dec. I am now feeling that multiple failures of electrical components in our house, along withe the DTV dvr is becoming more than coincidental. Thank you for your reply!

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
reply to dbamber
tell them to pay up or you will file criminal charges Burglary
48 hour notice should have been left (this is what socal Edison does)
--
Live Free or Die Hard...

AsherN
Premium
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON
reply to dbamber

said by dbamber:

Why is going up my front porch stairs to my front door any different than going up my basement stairs to knock on my door to tell us that they were going to change the meter?

The porch is outside the house. Your stairs are inside the garage, inside your house. Try it this way, "my front door was open, why didn't he come up the stairs in my living room and knock on my bedroom window?"

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·NorthWest Tel
reply to dbamber

Re: [Electrical] Coincidence or ?????

Dishwasher and microwave failing months after the meter swap is most probably pure coincidence.

As for the computer and DVR getting data corruption... any power bump or outage could have done the same thing. If you don't have these devices on a UPS, you have to assume the risk of possible data corruption due to sudden power loss.

Yes, they should have informed you that they were going to swap the meter, as a courtesy. However, I don't think you have a leg to stand on with regards to seeking damages from the POCO.

nunya
LXI 483
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting
reply to dbamber
You have no case on either argument. Here is the TOS. It's all spelled out in black and white:
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

ImpldConsent
Under Siege
Premium
join:2001-03-04
Mcdonough, GA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·magicjack.com
said by nunya:

You have no case on either argument. Here is the TOS. It's all spelled out in black and white:

Except for 5.3.1
"...except where due to Company's willful misconduct or gross negligence.". Being a reasonable person, I see negligence is APSs employee by not making an attempt to contact. DVR recordings - naa - so sorry about your loss - can't attribute that to anything other than a failed hard-drive.
--
That's "MISTER" Kafir to you Mr. Munafiq

nunya
LXI 483
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting
You'd be hard pressed to prove that changing a meter is "negligence". The fact of the matter is it happens thousands of times per day around the globe. It's SOP.
The contract also says the company shall have unassisted 24/7 access to the meter for maintenance purposes.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

join:2013-07-08
MA
reply to dbamber
The best case is just keep making noise and they'll give you something even though they aren't obligated too just to shut you up. You can always contact your local news station and see if they'll do a story about your situation. Contract or not bad PR gets results!

Thespis
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
Premium
join:2004-08-03
Keller, TX
reply to Anonymous_
said by Anonymous_:

Ok, I'll bite...
How does changing a meter equal burglary? What did they steal?
--
Fast. Cheap. Safe.
Pick two...

join:2013-07-08
MA
said by Thespis:

said by Anonymous_:

Ok, I'll bite...

They stole his air while they were on his property!

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable
·ooma
·VOIPO
·Verizon Broadban..
said by 02778712:

said by Thespis:

said by Anonymous_:

Ok, I'll bite...

They stole his air while they were on his property!

QUICK! Someone call Spaceball1!

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to Hellrazor

said by Hellrazor:

said by Liberty:

Last one was a big Shepard that mostly got a mouthful of my tool pouch - didn't hurt but scared the crap out of me

Look at the bright side. He didn't get the other tool pouch....

I choked reading that... thanks for that!
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-23
there
kudos:2
reply to dbamber
said by dbamber:

Again, is this coincidence or????

Most likely coincidence.
--