Premium Member
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON

AsherN to dbamber

Premium Member

to dbamber

[Electrical] Re: Coincidence or ?????

First, paragraphs are your friend.

Second, dogs on the porch will stop techs, UPS, mail, from ringing your doorbell.

Third, Door open or not, the threshold of your garage door is private property and the tech is not going to enter your home without your permission.
dbamber
join:2003-02-07
Bandon, OR

dbamber

Why is going up my front porch stairs to my front door any different than going up my basement stairs to knock on my door to tell us that they were going to change the meter? The supervisor told me that the service crew had our phone #, so why didn't they call us? I acknowledge that our microwave/convection oven failure, dishwasher failure is very coincidental, but these units had been trouble free for 3 to 8 years without incident, and then this occurred. BTW, when the DTV tech came out to redo our DVR's, wiring etc, he told me that he had seen their equipment failing this in multiple houses after the meters had been swapped out. Again, is this coincidence or????
AsherN
Premium Member
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON

AsherN

Premium Member

said by dbamber:

Why is going up my front porch stairs to my front door any different than going up my basement stairs to knock on my door to tell us that they were going to change the meter?

The porch is outside the house. Your stairs are inside the garage, inside your house. Try it this way, "my front door was open, why didn't he come up the stairs in my living room and knock on my bedroom window?"

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka to dbamber

MVM

to dbamber
said by dbamber:

Again, is this coincidence or????

Most likely coincidence.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to dbamber

to dbamber
"Why is going up my front porch stairs to my front door any different than going up my basement stairs to knock on my door"

One is outside and the other one is inside. It may be acceptable for friends and family to enter you garage but it's not for strangers.