CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

[S@H] app_info.xml file error...

Noticed the other day my CPUs were not processing any WUs but my 2 instances on my video card is. This evening I looked again and noticed the same and then saw in the notices...

"Your app_info.xml file doesn't have a usable version of SETI@Home v7"

I may have had this message for awhile so I am not sure if it has anything to do with my lack of work.

I am using the Lunatics Optimized SETI app and BOINC 7.0.28 (x64).

I just need to be sure if the message has anything to do with my CPUs not getting work.

KoshVorlon
B B R
Mod
join:2000-06-28
Babylon 5

KoshVorlon

Mod

At first glance I would say your BOINC has not been updated in a long time. I'm running 7.2.28 (x64) and it has been asking me to update to 7.2.33 for a couple of weeks. Unless that is a typo on your part.

I know when you loaded the optimized files it does modify some of those xml files. I would try and take the file from another computer. Could also upgrade BOINC, then re-install the Lunatics package.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

Installed the newest BOINC client (got rid of the xml error) - I have more work but all CUDA - nothing for the CPUs.

KoshVorlon
B B R
Mod
join:2000-06-28
Babylon 5

KoshVorlon to CylonRed

Mod

to CylonRed
Great to hear.

So, I made the mistake years ago of buying a Dell in a small case (It was a crazy great price). So, to my knowledge the largest half-height video card I could get was a AMD Radeon 6670.

When I set up SETI to use my video card I get screen blinks and it just doesn't seem like it is really getting anyplace. Maybe I'm choosing something wrong when I install the Lunatic App.

Any Ideas?

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

I don't know much about ATI/AMD video processing. Stuff I have found is from 2011 - one note was this:
"But be careful with HD6950, our beta not covered HD6xxx well enough, 6xxx GPUs (and their buggy drivers ) are zone of risk "
»setiathome.berkeley.edu/ ··· id=62990

So I could see the 66xx series might have issues.

From the symptoms I would almost say the card is choking on the work - it is taking too many resources but that is 100% guess on my part. Since the 2011 thread was for the client before the license issues - not sure what changed with the client since then.