dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

charliewatts
join:2013-04-10

charliewatts

2014 Verizon FiOS Wishes (Consumer Issues)

1. 6 Tuner STB.

2. NEW HD Channels. HLN, OWN, OVATION, H2, FS2, Esquire, Encore Suite.

3. Some sort of a-la-carte. I can't keep paying for so many sports channels I never want to watch, but fans do. There has to be a way.

4. Improved PPV. That could be movies or pay channels. Improved and more reliable HBO OD, SHO Anytime, etc., would eliminate the need for so many feeds, and open up channel space for other channels.

5. Guide. I'm on the fence about the current guide. But there has to be a crisper, sleeker looking guide available.

6. Improved Redbox Integration. If you want me to use Redbox, make it available through the On Demand button. Now, I switch to Netflix with my Roku3, and go immediately to Netflix. I have no interest to explore the redbox app.

7. $$$$$$ What can I say. My bills are too high. See number #3 above.

Sixto
Premium Member
join:2005-09-16
Northeast

Sixto

Premium Member

I went all Roamio's and Mini's. Couldn't be happier.

Posted my thoughts here: »forums.solidsignal.com/s ··· rvations

wmcbrine
join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD

wmcbrine to charliewatts

to charliewatts
said by charliewatts:

1. 6 Tuner STB.

Behold:
»www.amazon.com/TiVo-Digi ··· E8HIN78/

amarryat
Verizon FiOS
join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA

amarryat to charliewatts

to charliewatts
Everything you mentioned would be nice but #7 is the one I think is mandatory. My bill is sky high now. It was high from the start, but it keeps going up at a rate like healthcare it seems. And now that they hardly have any promotions, loyalty discounts, etc., it's starting to broach that price vs value comparison with Comcast for me.
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper to charliewatts

to charliewatts
#8 - That every thread on this board does not have to turn into a platform for the Tivo street-teamers. We get it... yu spent a lot for your Tivo equipment and you feel the need to justify your purchase to everybody here. What does Tivo have to do with wishes for FIOS service?
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere to charliewatts

to charliewatts
Wasn't that 6 tuner STB a 2013 request, too?

Sixto
Premium Member
Northeast

Sixto to blue_trooper

Premium Member

to blue_trooper
I gave up waiting for the VMS.

Potter1
@166.123.216.x

Potter1 to charliewatts

Anon

to charliewatts
DVR functionality improvement:

Ability to extend a one-time recording immediately, instead of having to hit Record, then go back out to the Scheduled Recordings section of the DVR, then selecting the one-time recording, and *then* finally extending it (by 5 minutes, 30 minutes, whatever). What horrible functionality this DVR has. I know that the "work-around" is to set up a Series Recording instead of a one-time recording (because for some reason the Series Recording allows you to immediately adjust the start/end time, while a one-time recording does not), but that isn't a fix - that still requires extra button presses, extra wasted time, etc.

It's the year 2014 (well, tomorrow it is) - many other systems/companies have had this functionality for A DECADE. Please get this fixed, Verizon. It's not that complicated, and it's a really annoying "feature."
BosstonesOwn
join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA

BosstonesOwn to charliewatts

to charliewatts
how about VOD for us tivo users ?
real_goose
join:2001-04-13
Apollo Beach, FL

real_goose to charliewatts

to charliewatts
My wishes:
1. Lower prices
2. FiOS app on Roku - so I don't need to use a box
3. Full VOD on FiOS app - not just pay offering
4. VOD on TiVo

dcowboy
join:2012-05-10
Pequannock, NJ

1 recommendation

dcowboy to charliewatts

to charliewatts
I want to create 4 favorites lists not just 2.

jh28
@bankofamerica.com

jh28

Anon

the 6 tuner boxes (everyone else has them!)
pricing. They're pricing their current loyal customers into making tough choices if they really like their product that much
More HD channels that have been promised forever
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin to charliewatts

to charliewatts
said by charliewatts:

1. 6 Tuner STB.

2. NEW HD Channels. HLN, OWN, OVATION, H2, FS2, Esquire, Encore Suite.

3. Some sort of a-la-carte. I can't keep paying for so many sports channels I never want to watch, but fans do. There has to be a way.

4. Improved PPV. That could be movies or pay channels. Improved and more reliable HBO OD, SHO Anytime, etc., would eliminate the need for so many feeds, and open up channel space for other channels.

5. Guide. I'm on the fence about the current guide. But there has to be a crisper, sleeker looking guide available.

6. Improved Redbox Integration. If you want me to use Redbox, make it available through the On Demand button. Now, I switch to Netflix with my Roku3, and go immediately to Netflix. I have no interest to explore the redbox app.

7. $$$$$$ What can I say. My bills are too high. See number #3 above.

1. Yes we need the new DVR
2. Certainly would be nice to have more new HD channels. Would come sooner if more MPEG4 boxes were out there.
3. Probably never going to happen.
4. More reliable HBO OD, SHO Anytime, I have no trouble with them.
5. About average for the guides. Some are much worst, some much better
6. Odd that they haven't worked Redbox out.
7. Actually still saving a lot over my old DISH bills.
Timothy28
join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to jh28

to jh28
Everyone else definitely does not have a 6 tuner DVR. Aside from U-Verse who has 4 and dish and directv who has more then 2 available right now.
chitchatjf
join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

chitchatjf to charliewatts

to charliewatts
1. Two tuners are sort of OK but I could use a smaller DVR box

2. the more HD channels the better Also channel in Extreme or higher that are in HD should be ONLY in HD! NO MORE NEW SD BOXES!

3.A possible tier I would add would be the option to get just the English channels of La Conexion. That would make a better "Select" tier as it does include the local RSNs but not ESPN

4.Replace HBO on demand with HBO GO ditto with Max go showtime anytime,Starz and encore play and Epix Hd.com
Replace Viewnow with Netflix.

5.Guide is fine

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride

Anon

My wish is for verizon to show every game on nba league pass in HD and dual feeds!,also to us tivo users VOD.
McBane
join:2008-08-22
Wylie, TX

McBane to charliewatts

to charliewatts
H2HD!
Steve3
join:2010-01-28
Springfield, NJ

Steve3

You can add the Military Channel HD and DIY HD.

Stankyest
@verizon.net

Stankyest to Potter1

Anon

to Potter1
said by Potter1 :

DVR functionality improvement:

Ability to extend a one-time recording immediately, instead of having to hit Record, then go back out to the Scheduled Recordings section of the DVR, then selecting the one-time recording, and *then* finally extending it (by 5 minutes, 30 minutes, whatever). What horrible functionality this DVR has. I know that the "work-around" is to set up a Series Recording instead of a one-time recording (because for some reason the Series Recording allows you to immediately adjust the start/end time, while a one-time recording does not), but that isn't a fix - that still requires extra button presses, extra wasted time, etc.

It's the year 2014 (well, tomorrow it is) - many other systems/companies have had this functionality for A DECADE. Please get this fixed, Verizon. It's not that complicated, and it's a really annoying "feature."

Also, I would like to be able to delay a start time for a recording. Currently, you can only start a recording earlier, but not delay it, which really doesn't make much sense.

BSAIII
join:2007-06-16
Las Vegas, NV

BSAIII

With the jerk networks starting shows at :01 I agree having an option to start a recording 1 minute late or stopping 1 minute early is sorely needed. Setting up manual timers is a pain.

Oh and a 4 or 6 tuner STB.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to charliewatts

MVM

to charliewatts
My wish is that anything they do add does NOT include more advertising. The guide is getting ridiculous.

Nothing else is needed from my perspective. Quit messing with it.

That and stop the rate hikes. My bill is getting like a car payment.

RScottyL
join:2004-12-28
Arlington, TX
Motorola MB8611
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti Unifi UAP-AC-LITE

1 recommendation

RScottyL to charliewatts

to charliewatts
said by charliewatts:

NEW HD Channels

One thing that I would like to see happen, is for them to drop all SD channels that are also an HD channel! If you get an HD box, you would get that channel in HD, if you get an SD box, you would get that channel in SD, but see it in letterbox!

I also see duplicate channels posted in the Spanish language area, get rid of these as well!

The duplicate SD channels would free up some space for new channels!
RScottyL

1 recommendation

RScottyL to BSAIII

to BSAIII
said by BSAIII:

With the jerk networks starting shows at :01 I agree having an option to start a recording 1 minute late or stopping 1 minute early is sorely needed.

It would be nice for the networks to be able to send some signal when the shows were starting no matter what the time, so the box would record it no matter what the starting or ending time would be based on that signal!

That way, if they have something go over it's time slot, or if they have things delayed because of a President's speech or some special event!
RScottyL

RScottyL to charliewatts

to charliewatts
Another thing that might be good to see, but not a high priority, would be the ability to display caller ID on the screen, regardless of your phone service provider!

You would have the standard phone connection in your STB that you would plug your phone line into. When you receive a phone call, it would show up on the screen and you can decide if you want to get up out of your chair to answer the call!
thetick
join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

thetick

said by RScottyL:

Another thing that might be good to see, but not a high priority, would be the ability to display caller ID on the screen, regardless of your phone service provider!

That will never happen. Verizon is not going to put in development / cost effort to make it nicer to drop the Verizon phone service.

HenryFarpolo
Premium Member
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

HenryFarpolo to blue_trooper

Premium Member

to blue_trooper
said by blue_trooper:

What does Tivo have to do with wishes for FIOS service?

TIVO users are FIOS customers and as such are FIOS service stakeholders.

lew_b
Premium Member
join:2003-05-11
Poughkeepsie, NY

lew_b to charliewatts

Premium Member

to charliewatts
How about a blinking something on the TV screen when you have phone mail ?
Make it something that can be turned on/off by the user in case they are not as anal about phone mail as I am

Sixto
Premium Member
Northeast

2 recommendations

Sixto to HenryFarpolo

Premium Member

to HenryFarpolo

said by HenryFarpolo See Profile]TIVO users are FIOS customers and as such are FIOS service stakeholders.
[/bquote :

Yep, and paying FiOS $5 per box to access TV.

bushleaguer
join:2007-01-22
Gillette, NJ

bushleaguer to Steve3

to Steve3
said by Steve3:

You can add the Military Channel HD and DIY HD.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the Military Channel is not available in HD (much to my dismay).

JayMan 007
join:2005-07-18
Richmond, VA

JayMan 007 to Steve3

to Steve3
+1
These are the only SD channels I watch.