spc
Search similar:

uniqs

satKat
join:2013-05-25
Gouverneur, NY

satKat

[Equipment] HomeFusion guts

Thanks to the magic of just asking PCD, I was able to get the FCC ID of the Cantenna unit a while back. We all should know the router itself is a Technicolor gateway, but here's the magic ID that gets you the guts from FCC OET: NKR-VWL10

Inside the Cantenna's a Linux-powered router, an LG LTE modem, and a SIM card slot. It talks MoCA back to the Technicolor, which brings back memories of playing with FiOS MoCA. I wonder if you could replace the Technicolor with something else.

And on that note -- I wonder what'd happen if someone tried an unlimited LTE SIM in lieu of the HomeFusion SIM card... or if we can crack the thing and swap in an LTE/EvDO card
buckweet1980
join:2011-12-31
Saint Petersburg, FL

buckweet1980

Any pictures??
kevnich24
join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL

kevnich24 to satKat

to satKat
Should be feasible, homefusion is LTE and we all knew there was a SIM card slot somewhere in there.

satKat
join:2013-05-25
Gouverneur, NY

satKat to buckweet1980

to buckweet1980
»apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/r ··· KR-VWL10

You tell me
buckweet1980
join:2011-12-31
Saint Petersburg, FL

buckweet1980

very neat.. way more than I expected, especially around the antenna..
kevnich24
Mulberry, FL

kevnich24

Unfortunately looks like the sim is embedded....hmm

Vix
join:2001-12-30
Edmonds, WA

Vix

I'm wondering if I could salvage the antenna and modem from this using a Mini pci-e to USB (with SIM slot) card. »www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-PC ··· 97.l4276

Maybe disconnect the modem card from the cantenna, install it on the adapter board with my Millenicom SIM card, and run a 15 ft USB extension cable to my desktop system. (or preferably to my Cradlepoint MBR95 router)
tamasrepus
join:2009-10-12
united state

tamasrepus to satKat

to satKat
satKat: have you opened up your unit? Is the SIM card replaceable? None of the photos indicate any kind of SIM card that can be swapped out…

verizonlteda
@myvzw.com

verizonlteda

Anon

You can't remove the sim it's embedded verizon knew ppl would try this.
kevnich24
Mulberry, FL

kevnich24

I would think this is a violation of the rules they are supposed to follow from acquisition of the spectrum.

verizonlteda
@myvzw.com

verizonlteda

Anon

I think it does violation the rule but this is verizon lol.