All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

soadlink
join:2002-11-17
USA

soadlink

Charleston / Saint Albans, WV - Jan 1, 2014 internet issues?

I have a friend experiencing issues with his internet speed/connectivity in Saint Albans, WV. 1 minute it's perfectly fine... the next minute the internet is unusable and pretty much out. We are both very technical and have done all the basic tier 1 troubleshooting to make sure it wasn't something on his end. Pretty confident it's Suddenlink, but wanted to check with everyone else.

Suddenlink support chat said there were no reported issues in the area... but they probably wouldn't have a clue anyway.
soadlink

soadlink

Just called their business line and they said there are reports of outages as of 1 hour and 20 minutes ago area wide, and a tech is on site working on the issue.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

You got a tech out working on a federal holiday, very nice!
dhudson1984
join:2008-01-04
Charleston, WV

dhudson1984 to soadlink

to soadlink
No issues here in my area of Charleston. I did lose connection for a couple of minutes last night as my modem went down and reset itself around 11:30. I thought that was odd... had to have been maintenance or a firmware upgrade. They usually do those around 2-3 A.M. I thought.
dhudson1984

dhudson1984 to soadlink

to soadlink
Also, you can now view notifications of outages in the area on your account page.. »account.suddenlink.net
TurboNerd
join:2013-02-22
Clovis, NM

TurboNerd to soadlink

to soadlink
No outages here, but similar bouncing internet, although it hovers on the low side most of the time.
Yes I also got a line tech to come out to witness issue and basic troubleshooting at 8pm MST.

soadlink
USA

soadlink to moldypickle

to moldypickle
said by moldypickle:

You got a tech out working on a federal holiday, very nice!

From what they said it was an area wide issue and a tech was already on site (at their local office) working on the issue when I called. But it was good to hear they were actually aware! I just had to pretend to be a business to get someone who actually can look in to what's going on

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

How on earth could pretending actually work.... I mean they have your account info directly in front of them, lmao.

soadlink
USA

soadlink

Haha... I was surprised too. I just used Suddenlink's local office phone number as the account phone number and got right in
Laker
join:2007-10-06
Belpre, OH

Laker

How did you find the local Suddenlink office phone number? The number isn't published here in the Parkersburg area and anytime that I have asked for it when talking to anyone at Suddenlink (local or corporate) they refuse to give it out.

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

It used to be printed on the pamphlets that were on the counters. That's how I got my office number

soadlink
USA

soadlink to Laker

to Laker
Google Maps -- »plus.google.com/10883241 ··· us&hl=en
Laker
join:2007-10-06
Belpre, OH

Laker

The 800# is what comes up for the Parkersburg area.
»plus.google.com/local/Pa ··· us&hl=en

Haven't been able to find the local office number since they bought the system from Charter.

soadlink
USA

soadlink

How about tonight? Anyone having issues in the Charleston / St. Albans area?
Lindsey
join:2008-12-16
Gypsy, WV

Lindsey

ya, had some slow down here in gypsy tonight for a few hrs..was down to like 4 mb not the 15, but seems to be back to normal now