spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Dan A
join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

4 edits

Dan A

[Content] Will Comcast add Press Communications' KJWP and KWNV?

As you may or may or may not know Press Communications the owner of Jersey Shore radio stations WWZY"107.1 FM"(and WBHX 99.7), 106.3/5 Thunder County (WKMK/WTHJ) B98.5 (WBBO) and 1410 WHTG purchased two TV stations WJWY (now KJWP) then in Jackson, Wyoming and KVNV Ely, Nevada To make a long story short (i.e. the creation of WACP Ch 4 Atlantic City) using a loophole in the FCC rules that a State must have at least one VHF TV Station, Requested and then appealed that that WJWY in Ely, NV be relocated to channel 2 in Wilmington, DE and and KVNV be relocated to channel 3 in Middletown, NJ.

KJWP has been on the air since November 18th broadcasting from the TV and radio antenna farm on Domino Lane in the Roxborough section of Philadephia running ME TV. Press now plans to move KVNV to Condé Nast Building in Manhattan.

Comcast apparently has not yet added KJWP to any Philadelphia market cable systems many who already carry ME TV as a sub channel of Allentown, PA's WFMZ 69 (WFMZ 69.3)

Will Comcast (for that matter FiOS, DirecTV and Dish) have to carry both stations in their respective markets. Will KVNV also be ME TV?

Considering my cable system Comcast of Central New Jersey (Middlesex County Lineup) does not carry a ME TV affiliate KVNV (if it is also affiliated ME TV) would fill a void, but KJWP on the same system in Mercer county would give them a second ME TV affiliate with WFMZ 69.3 already on the system.

Edited to add topic group category. Sunny See Profile

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Dan-
Here in Wilmington, DE - this was in my latest bill:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective February 27, 2014 the
following channel will change channel numbers: TWC from ch 2
to ch 55 and TV Guide Entertainment on ch 94 will no longer be
available. In addition, on February 27, 2014, KJWP SD and HD will be added to ch 2 and ch 788 respectively

As you mentioned, this will now be our 2nd MeTV affiliate.
warcraft82
join:2008-11-12
Philadelphia, PA

warcraft82

My latest bill indicates Philly is getting KJWP too. And as a result our FOX affiliate (WTXF) will move from ch 2 to 9.

Dan A
Kendall Park, NJ

1 edit

Dan A to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Re: [Content] Will Comcast add Press Communications' KJWP and KVNV?

said by SeattleMatt:

Dan-
Here in Wilmington, DE - this was in my latest bill:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective February 27, 2014 the
following channel will change channel numbers: TWC from ch 2
to ch 55 and TV Guide Entertainment on ch 94 will no longer be
available. In addition, on February 27, 2014, KJWP SD and HD will be added to ch 2 and ch 788 respectively

As you mentioned, this will now be our 2nd MeTV affiliate.

I would assume the Mercer County portion of Comcast of Central New Jersey will also get KJWP SD on ch 2 HD on ch 788. But it being added in Middelsex County is probably too much to hope for.

For finally getting a MeTV affiliate and all the classic TV it runs we will probably have to wait for KVNV (maybe renamed KVNJ) to me moved from Ely, Nevada to New York/New Jersey (assuming Press Communications also affiliates it with ME TV just like it's sister station KJWP). it will probably get the ch 3 position (Currently the position South Brunswick Township channel here) on most New York ADI/DMA Comcast systems not sure if it will also get HD ch 288 since the move cross county is still probably mounts away.
Dan A

Dan A

»www.broadcastingcable.co ··· y/128758
Dan A

Dan A to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Re: [Content] Will Comcast add Press Communications' KJWP and KWNV?

Can anyone in in Mercer County(West Windsor, East Windsor or Hightstown) on Comcast of Central New Jersey confirm that QVC will be displaced and relocated from Channel 2 by the Addition of KJWP on February 27th with the HD version(just like JeepMatt in Delaware) on 788?

For me on the Middlesex County part of the same system it would be safe to assume that KVNV will displace Township access on Channel 3 With a HD location in the 780's or 790's soon after the station moves cross country signs on from NYC?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

KJWP went live this morning on the lineup here along with the Weather Channel SD move from 2 to 55.

HD is 788 - on QAM 153 MHz

Letterboxed black and white HD. Jesus help me...

mount laurel
@army.mil

mount laurel

Anon

Now I can watch "Petticoat Junction" on 2 channels at 6:00 AM before I go to work (ch. 2 & ch. 249) I forgot about the their HD channel 788 this morning so tomorrow I can watch in HD. It's Comcastic!!!

Dan A
Kendall Park, NJ

1 edit

Dan A

Mercer customers of Comcast of Central New Jersey in Hightstown or East and West Windsor who already had Me-TV on WFMZ DT3 now have Me-TV on three channels one of them in HD and me only a few miles away have to wait for the slow process of KVNV being moved cross country and then exercising their must carry with Comcast before i can get the same programing.

gwilliam
join:2010-03-20

gwilliam to Dan A

to Dan A
"KJWP" channel 2 and "KJWP HD" channel 788 was added today on Comcast of Vineland, NJ.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to Dan A

MVM

to Dan A
Some other associated channel shuffling going on with this in Gloucester County, NJ :

quote:
The Gloucester County Educational Network on Thursday will become accessible in areas previously not served - including Washington and Monroe Townships - and switch from Comcast's Channel 5 to Channel 97, the county announced Wednesday.

The opening on Channel 5 will be filled by Fox29, according to Comcast. The move comes as KJWP, known as Me-TV - a Delaware-based broadcaster that shows classic TV programs - moves to Channel 2.

Dan A
Kendall Park, NJ

2 edits

Dan A

Bob Fernandez Inquirer Staff Writer March 01, 2014 3:01 AM

KJWP, a new over-the-air TV station licensed in Wilmington with a Me-TV network affiliation, has been added to Comcast Corp.'s Xfinity cable-TV lineup in the Philadelphia area as part of the basic cable package.

KJWP is a designated "must-carry" station, which means under Federal Communications Commission rules that pay-TV operators have to distribute it. It is broadcast as of Saturday on VHF channel 2.1.

The station first showed up on Comcast on Thursday and will be available on Verizon Communications Inc.'s FiOS TV in mid-March, Robert McAllan, CEO of PMCM TV L.L.C., which owns and operates the station, said Friday.

The station transmits its signals out of Roxborough and its temporary studios are in Cherry Hill. McAllan said he expects to operate permanent studios in the

Me-TV, which is described as standing for "memorable entertainment television," airs classic TV reruns - M*A*S*H, I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, The Rockford Files, Wonder Woman - and other shows. Comcast subscribers can watch it on channel 2 throughout most of the region.

In West Philadelphia, KJWP is available on channel 5 but will relocate to channel 2 within weeks, according to a Comcast spokeswoman and McAllan.

The station has been available for over-the-air TV viewers in the Philadelphia region since mid-November.

In most cases, Comcast relocated the home-shopping network QVC or a local government channel to accommodate KJWP, the Comcast spokeswoman said.

Mount Laural
@comcast.net

Mount Laural

Anon

Did we lose ME TV on ch 249 because of this??? Not seeing ME TV shows only showing ch 69 Accu weather channel for Mount Laurel, NJ.
stoli412
join:2003-02-12
SK3 9JR

stoli412

Seeing that as well. Actually it looks like WFMZ has dropped Me-TV from 69.3 and is simulcasting AccuWeather on 69.2 and 69.3 for now. I wonder if Comcast will replace with 69.4 Retro TV or wait and see what Me-TV is replaced with?

»www.wfmz.com/Station/-/1 ··· dex.html