Search similar:

uniqs

Datagg
Limitations Are Only In The Mind
join:2002-04-13
Mesa, AZ

Datagg

RT-N56U preventing domain from loading | No idea why / help

Hello. I am having an issue that for the life of me cant figure out why its happening. Ill try to explain best I can. I have a domain/website that all of the sudden yesterday began not to load. This on my 2 desktops and laptop. FF and IE used. All other sites, emails etc work. My setup is 2 computers via wireless and 2 from router back to computers. Did the normal things to trouble shoot, unplugged router, modem, etc... Still that 1 site would not load up, yet all others things on wireless side would work minus this one domain.

Then I bypassed the router, ran directly to my computer and the domain worked, so now I know its not my ISP blocking anything. I finally reset the router figuring that would have to fix it, and it did not. I just cant figure this out. This is the first time i have ever seen this happen. Everything works on wireless side and wired side for all things minus 1 domain.

How can this be fixed... Its driving me nuts. Anyone have any suggestions.

Thank you and happy new year
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE

MVM

1) do an nslookup of the URL with and without the RT-N56U

2) do a "ping [affected URL here]" with and without the RT-N56U

3) do a "telnet [affected URL here]" and add either 80 (if http) or 443 (if https) afterwards, again with and without the RT-

N56U

4) try an ipconfig /release and /renew, and a /flushdns

5) if you have access to another RT-n56u, plug it in and test out the URL -- if the problem follows, something's borked on the N56U overall. If not, then something's borked on YOUR N56U

6) are you on DSL, just out of curiousity?

My immediate 00000010bits

Regards

Datagg
Limitations Are Only In The Mind
join:2002-04-13
Mesa, AZ

1 edit

Datagg

Hi Hellfire, thanks for the reply... I have cox cable. To add a bit more, if i bypass the n56u and go straight hardwired from modem, the domain will load. Same with on my other computers. Anything that goes from wireless side or wired from router yields no results on any system. My cell phone will load the site, with data connection, yet on wireless like the rest that domain will not load either. The router is preventing this one domain from loading and i have no clue as to why. All else works. The truly odd thing is, its only that domain. if the router went bad, wouldn't it effect all wireless side and wired side on more than just 1 domain?..
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to Datagg

MVM

to Datagg
said by Datagg:

if the router went bad, wouldn't it effect all wireless side and wired side on more than just 1 domain?..

Unknown, but a) I've seen wierder before, and b) that's why they call it troubleshooting / isolation.

Regards
Phil75070
join:2005-08-17
Mckinney, TX

Phil75070 to Datagg

to Datagg
Just out of curiosity, have you tried to connect using different DNS?