spc
Search similar:

uniqs
username1961
join:2014-01-02
North Royalton, OH

username1961

WOW_dan please help - WOW Ultra TV

I have been having trouble with the Ultra TV gateway. It breaks sometimes on Thu morning. So something happens Wed night that breaks the gateway on Thu morning.
Last week there was some DNS problems with WOW. So I went in the gateway and changed the DNS servers. Today the gateway broke. There seems to be a relationship between the gateway not working and the DNS servers configured. I assume the gateway is trying to reach a name that only the WOW DNS servers can resolve.

Today there was another WOW DNS problem. I went in the gateway to change the DNS servers and to my surprise the change will not take effect. It appears the technician changed some config on the gateway.

I like to have a reliable service. If you want to force me to use a router then supply a router that works. If you want to force me to use your DNS servers then supply a DNS server that is reliable. What I really like is a TV service that is separate from the Internet service. I would like a plain old modem only and I will supply the router. My kids and family want to the whole house DVR and they like it for TV and it seems the only option I have is to deal with equipment that is unreliable and service that is unreliable.

What can WOW do to fix these problems.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

I have sent this information over to the vendor to see if they're aware of an issue like this, as I've not seen this issue before. If you could send me a private message with your account number, phone number and the name on your account, that will allow me to send your information to them as well so they can look at the equipment.