chall2k56

join:2007-10-03
Edmonton, AB

IPTV?

are you planning on partnering with zazeen to offer tv services

hsheriff

join:2012-09-04
Saint-Lambert, QC
I doubt it, but it would definitely be amazing!

chall2k56

Edmonton, AB
reply to chall2k56
adding another IISP to the partnership could result in more favourable content agreements with the content providers

Lebon14

join:2009-08-05
Canada
reply to chall2k56
I remember reading discussion about it some time ago. I also remember Diskace coming and say...

No.

Too lazy to search for threads.
--
Eurobeat and B'z forever.

singerie3

join:2008-10-12
Saint-Constant, QC
reply to chall2k56
it's sad they are close minded regarding iptv.

I left ebox for acanac/zazeen for this reason.

fmradio68

join:2013-07-05
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
Singerie, how's the TV service? I see they have a good basic plan in Quebec which wasn't the case when they first started.

I remember contacting them about getting the Ontario basic as it had more of the channels I watch. They said they couldn't.

But since then they have added alot of channels to the Quebec Basic such as Discovery, Showcase, Own just to name a few.

So how's the TV service, any freezing or pixelation. Or just a little.

singerie3

Saint-Constant, QC
sometime the audio is out of sync, but they are working on tools that will fix this behavior automaticly. No freezing or pixelation so far. rarely a specific stream is loosing connectivity, but that might be to bad weather in mississauga (or whatever else). when changing channel, it's a lot faster than bell IMO. Also I have cable 30.

fmradio68

Montreal, QC
I don't see a bundled price for internet and iptv. Did they get rid of that?

singerie3

Saint-Constant, QC
for now they don't have a bundle, but they should offer it when they will be out of beta.

fmradio68

Montreal, QC
That is too bad.They used to have a bundled price when they first started with iptv.

chall2k56

Edmonton, AB
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·Acanac
·WIND Mobile
reply to chall2k56
zazeen never had a bundled price, since you need their (Acanac, Distributel or Xinflix) internet to get the tv

stream quality is great, comparable to the incumbents HFC network, plus most channels are available in HD at no extra cost

the only downtime they have had (since the flooding in the GTA) was when they started upgrading the network from GigE to 10GigE to facilitate capacity and that was only a few minutes

eboxdanny
Superviseur
Premium
join:2013-08-12
Longueuil, QC
reply to chall2k56
Good day,

For the moment there are no plans concerning the IPTV. If ever this happens to change in the near future, please be advised that the details will be posted here as well on our website.
Regards

fmradio68

Montreal, QC
reply to chall2k56
Sorry you are right. I had mistaken it with Colbanet IPTV.

Alaska999

@electronicbox.net
reply to eboxdanny
If electronicbox offer iptv I will be your first client and surely not the last!!!

hsheriff

Saint-Lambert, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·TekSavvy Cable
+1, I was even contemplating Acanac just for Zazeen, but the bad reviews of Acanac put me off.

Even if ebox just made an agreement with Distributel/Acanac for ebox customers to be able get Zazeen, that would be amazing for us, and ebox would surely get more customers from this.

omasse

join:2004-12-21
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to chall2k56
My personal opinion is that besides for sporting events, there's not much incentive to subscribe to traditional (and bundled) TV channels anymore. The glory days are over, especially when targeting younger customers. I don't have a crystal ball but I wouldn't be surprised if those who will decide to keep "Cable TV" till the end will mostly stick with the major providers. Ebox might not want to invest a lot of $$$ into IPTV for this reason.

nster

join:2013-12-15
H2M
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

1 edit
reply to chall2k56
I read somewhere the problem for ebox is cost of the bandwidth. I believe it's something like 20$/Mbits/month and considering Zazeen is 4.2Mbps and that on average the use is during peak hours and like ~4 hours a day (like 5-9 or 6-10pm), it's just not feasible for them I think? soooo something like 84$ per month if running 24/7, ~14$/month for 4 hours? So assuming 20$/month of the IPTV fee is to cover just bandwidth I have no idea how much the IPTV service would cost them but seems like it would be low profit?

I too stay away from Zazeen because of Acanac, sadly I'd probably not be with ebox if I were willing to gamble and go with Acanac or Distributel or whatnot

chall2k56

Edmonton, AB
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·Acanac
·WIND Mobile
reply to hsheriff
The majority of the complaints are due to the incumbents being slow at responding to the trouble tickets of the TPIA providers. I have been an Acanac cable client since they began offering it and have had no major issues. A few where Rogers were having area wide issues, but other than that its been rock solid.

singerie3

Saint-Constant, QC
reply to chall2k56
99% of acanac issue are related to rogers network.

People over videotron network don't complain since there is no issue. ANd people does not come to their forum just to say everything is stable.

nster

join:2013-12-15
H2M
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
Yea but peak hours being 15/2 or 5/1 and having 60 or 40$ a month for those plans seem a bit much. Plus I'll have like 11 referrals with EBOX soon enough making my 38$ (group buy) 20/10 150GB plan go down to under 30$ a month. I could have maybe gotten 2 referrals with Acanac max anyways, I'd rather pay Videotron 46,50 for my channels now then bother with all this to get a 40$ per month IPTV and all the trouble to switch etc

hsheriff

Saint-Lambert, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·TekSavvy Cable
said by nster:

Yea but peak hours being 15/2 or 5/1 and having 60 or 40$ a month for those plans seem a bit much.

IIRC, in the Zazeen thread on the Canadian Broadband Forums, Acanac said that they have never implemented the rate limit and are planning on removing it soon, so that's not really an issue.

For me, internet would be more expensive and I wouldn't be able to get 60mbps.

said by singerie3:

99% of acanac issue are related to rogers network.

People over videotron network don't complain since there is no issue. And people does not come to their forum just to say everything is stable.

Teksavvy has to deal with the same problems on the Rogers network and their reviews are much better. I read a lot of reviews saying Acanac support itself was quite slow and uncoordinated. Either way, Acanac and Distributel being in absolute last place in their respective GBU categories doesn't offer much confidence, but I will take what you are saying into account if I ever decide to look at Acanac again.