spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mcwood
join:2014-01-03
Ashville, AL

mcwood

[Birmingham] 97.76.0.0/14 - 97.79.255.255 networks on Chile DNSBL

We are a new Bright House customer (we turned up the connection on 12/30/2013) having been with Earthlink for many years. Our mail server immediately showed up on the Chile DNSBL and we began to experience delivery problems. I checked a couple hundred addresses in my subnet 97.78.59, and also in 58 and 60 and every address I checked was in the blacklist for the same reason... 127.0.0.11 which means it is classified as a dynamic IP range for residential service. The Chile DNSBL folks are non-responsive to date (I have submitted the forms and used the contact page). I have contacted Bright House three times and they tell me repeatedly to contact the BL (as if they are reading from a script) and they refuse to open a case or even record my issue in the customer account record, so I wind up re-telling my story each time I call... grrrr very frustrating. They apparently could not care less that I have been placed on a blacklisted ip range. Given that their prices are twice what Charter's are for the same business internet service, you would think there is value to be derived somewhere, but I have yet to find it. I think my only option is to request they move me to a different IP range, or maybe cancel the service for non-performance and seek reliable service elsewhere. What gives?

Napsterbater
Meh
MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

Napsterbater

MVM

So it looks like your problem is with Chile DNSBL not Bright House.

No guarantee that they would respond to Bright House either.

You are not on any other blacklist that I can find so its not something Bright House screwed up.

You could find any domain that is rejecting your e-mail because of the blacklist and ask them to either a.) White list you. or b.) not use it since errors cant be fixed because they are unresponsive. or c.) try a new IP Range.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to mcwood

Premium Member

to mcwood
All residential IP's are on the block lists and that will not change. If you want to run your own mail server from home you will need to use a SMTP relay service or subscribe to business service.
mcwood
Ashville, AL

mcwood

Appreciate that, but these are business class subnets and it is a business customer. Not sure how you formed that opinion, but it doesn't surprise me. Bright House has told me several times as well this is my problem, not theirs
mcwood

mcwood to Napsterbater

to Napsterbater
I can agree with that to an extent, but I can also fault Bright House for putting their business customers on blacklisted IP ranges. I called this morning to request we be moved to another subnet range that is not on the BL, and their initial response is they don't have any more available IP's that aren't blacklisted. I wonder if these used to be residential dynamic ranges that they have re-purposed for business, or are they just lumping business and residential in the same ranges because they haven't properly managed their IP pool in the past and are out of business class IP's. At any rate at least my issue is escalated to their IT engineering group. Hopefully we can get this resolved.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to mcwood

Premium Member

to mcwood
said by mcwood:

Appreciate that, but these are business class subnets and it is a business customer. Not sure how you formed that opinion, but it doesn't surprise me. Bright House has told me several times as well this is my problem, not theirs

The assumption was made because you mentioned Earthlink as your previous provider. Most people don't go from Earthlink to business class so lets be real here...

Open a direct forums thread and include your modem MAC and I will check things out.
mcwood
Ashville, AL

mcwood

Awesome thanks. Yes we were on Deltacom, then Earthlink T1 service for years. I'll open that thread. Thanks again!

Napsterbater
Meh
MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

Napsterbater to mcwood

MVM

to mcwood
said by mcwood:

I can agree with that to an extent, but I can also fault Bright House for putting their business customers on blacklisted IP ranges.

It was on a single blacklist that to be honest seem to be used in a relatively small part of the internet in a different country.

You cant fault Bright House for "putting their business customers on blacklisted IP ranges" when it is a single rather small list.

Also it seems that the has been removed now.
mcwood
Ashville, AL

mcwood

It was preventing mail delivery to some recipient systems, so it was certainly an issue. MXLogic and Trend as two examples were delaying mail delivery here in the US based on the listing, so it's not such a minor issue as you infer.

However as you state... I check the Chile DNSBL again just now and the IP has been delisted!!!

La dirección IP 97.78.59.234 no se encuentra en la lista DNSBL.

Many thanks to somebody!!! Wow! As long as it does not re-list, we are good and issue closed.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to mcwood

Premium Member

to mcwood